Cupcakes with a bump..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like you used small paper water cups on the first one. That paper is not meant to be baked and is thicker than cupcake paper. Therefore more heat is going into the paper cup than into the cake batter.

For a flat top, use only the paper cups meant for the cupcakes. Then fill the paper cups 2/3 full and flatten the batter in the center with a spoon. You will get a flat top cupcake. The batter should then bake to the top of the paper and the frosting should bring it above the paper. Easier to frost.

We have some pro bakers here. Am I right? This is what I do when I have to make cupcakes for an event. :angel:

Oops, sorry! I only read the other posts now. I also said flatten tops with a spoon before baking :LOL:
It does work though, I do it all the time!

Yesterdays result!
Eaten today by me, my aunt and two cousins.

534531_10152243398500051_1264341596_n.jpg

:ermm:My english is not too good..
Should I add more cupcake mix to each cupcake case?
Hi IsaCathrine. If you need any help translating something from Norwegian, give me a shout. Danish is my first language and written Norwegian, bokmål, at least, is usually easy enough for me to read.

Welcome. Very pretty. In answer to your first question re the bump, I would tap the filled muffin tins on the counter prior to baking.

Hi IsaCathrine. If you need any help translating something from Norwegian, give me a shout. Danish is my first language and written Norwegian, bokmål, at least, is usually easy enough for me to read.

Thank you, I will remember that!

Welcome. Very pretty. In answer to your first question re the bump, I would tap the filled muffin tins on the counter prior to baking.

I´ll try that too!

Back
Top Bottom