Dina's Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
Just saw a version of these from Rachel Ray and decided to tweak my recipe a bit. The kids loved these pancakes and they will go well for dessert anytime. Enjoy!

1 cup quick or old fashioned oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup any buttermilk pancake mix
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup milk (I used 1% but whole or 2% milk must make it taste yummier)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 really ripe bananas, mashed up
butter for buttering skillet and brushing pancakes
Maple syrup or honey, for drizzling

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. In a another bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined, then fold in the mashed up bananas. Heat a griddle over medium heat and brush with additional melted butter. Cook pancakes, each about 1/3 cup, until bubbles form on the top, then turn. Cakes will cook in about 2 minutes on each side. Keep pancakes tented with foil as they come off the griddle to keep them hot. Serve with drizzled honey or maple syrup over the top.

Rachael Ray used a handful of walnuts and one of raisins on her recipe and she used 1 cup of all-purpose flour with 1 teaspoon each of baking powder and baking soda as opposed to buttermilk pancake mix. Any pancake mix will do if you go with my recipe since it has all the levening agents in it. I also threw in some chocolate chips on one pancake and it was wonderful! I can't wait to make these again for breakfast tomorrow morning. Enjoy.

They do sound good. I tried to print them, but my printer decided to go on the blink. I thought it was the ink, but all that is changed and it still sends unprinted paper thru after making all the sound that printing does. I'm up the creek without a paddle!

Gee, sorry about the printer. If you have a laptop you can easily place it next to your kitchen counter to work. Something you might want to add over those pancakes, which we did this morning, is whipping cream with a drizzle of caramel sauce instead of or in addition to the maple syrup. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom