Fabulous Fresh Peach Cake with Vanilla Butter Sauce..no mixer needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I hardly ever make deserts but this is too easy and too good to ignore. Perfect for the end of summer peaches.

For the cake:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees, grease and flour 9x13 pan
3 eggs, beaten
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
5 medium size fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup chopped pecans

You can use a mixer if you want, but I don't.
In a large bowl mix everything together well, adding the peaches and nuts last. Bake at 375 for 50 min

While the cake is baking make the Vanilla Butter Sauce:

1 stick of real butter (8 Tbs)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup evaporated canned milk (the small can)
1 tsp. high quality vanilla

Bring all but the vanilla to a boil, and simmer for 3 min. Add the vanilla

Cool the cake for about a half hr. and spoon the sauce all over the cake.

It's wonderful as it is, but vanilla ice cream on the top is outa sight.

Holy mama! Kayelle, can you adopt me please? This looks AMAZING! I want to run and make it right now but have nothing but canned peaches. I might do a grocery run for this though. YUMMY!

:mrgreen:Sure I'll adopt you Alix!! I always wanted a girl anyway.

I've made this with canned peaches in the winter, but it's just not the same for some reason. It really is worth a trip to the store to get some fresh ones. I've also made it with nectarines, but fresh peaches is the best I think.
By the way........I waved a magic wand over the recipe and it has zero calories.:innocent:

Oooooo! Zero calories is the best kind of dessert! I'm headed out to shop now. I'll let you know how it goes.

If they have fresh peaches at the farmers' market this weeked I may give this a try too!

I haven't done the Bump since the 70's!! LOL

Thanks sweetie!

Got the peaches, haven't made this yet as we are trying to get rid of the mocha cookies and chocolate chip cake that I made last week. We went out to a wedding this weekend so hopefully I'll get this done later this week. Although starting tomorrow I'm back to the grind. *sigh*

Got the peaches, haven't made this yet as we are trying to get rid of the mocha cookies and chocolate chip cake that I made last week. We went out to a wedding this weekend so hopefully I'll get this done later this week. Although starting tomorrow I'm back to the grind. *sigh*

Now I remember why I hardly ever make this....I CAN'T leave it alone. I made it for company with half of it left over, even after sending them home with some.
I'm sitting here now with my morning coffee, and "peach coffee cake".
It gets even better as the days go on. Hubby and I have decided that if you eat a small square over the sink, it's negative calories. My kind of diet food. ;)

Now I remember why I hardly ever make this....I CAN'T leave it alone. I made it for company with half of it left over, even after sending them home with some.
I'm sitting here now with my morning coffee, and "peach coffee cake".
It gets even better as the days go on. Hubby and I have decided that if you eat a small square over the sink, it's negative calories. My kind of diet food. ;)
I guess we need a sesame noodle AND a Peach cake support group!! :LOL:

I made this this evening. YUMMY!! I tweaked it a bit to suit my tastes. I also poked it all over with a tooth pick(my cake tester) to let the sauce sink in.:clap::clap:

Back
Top Bottom