Famous Cheesecake, can you guess?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdcast

Washing Up
Famous Cheesecake, can you guess? WE HAVE A WINNER !!!

With such a glorious start too.

Ingredients
56oz cream cheese
3/4cup flour
4 whole eggs + 2 yolks
2cups sugar
vanilla
(separate out 3cups of the batter and whip in amounts of cocoa, sugar and brewed coffee to loosen mixture. Fold into batter)

(Bake 20min @ 350, 30min @ 300, cover pan with lid , 1hr @ 250)

Now it's your turn to prove how good you really are.
Don't be chicken :chicken: I can assure you, I'll be more embarrassed than you :blush:
WHAT WAS THE OUTCOME BASED ON THE ABOVE RECIPE ???
Hint: It's not an ingredient

Last edited:
:) Im guessing it has to do with the baking time or no reference of water bath although I make mine with no water bath or is it the lid.

jpmcgrew said:
:) Im guessing it has to do with the baking time or no reference of water bath although I make mine with no water bath or is it the lid.
close but I can't help you any further than that

ok ok, let me give you a hand before I lose mah audience. jpmcgrew was right about it concerning the lid. Not that I knew, tho I know now, what effect would develop by putting a lid on your springform pan while your cheesecake batter baked ?

Just tell me this...did you take pictures??? Because I'd surely pay a dollar to see how it all squirted out the bottom...

:wacko:aww, you ppl are precious, and no about the pic but I wanted to if only my camera was working cause it's a classic. So it's beginning to look like no one here understands what must take place while the baking process proceeds. Would you like another hint ???

You're killing me. I have to go to bed soon.

I'm either going to dream of revenge to cheesecake bakers or exploded cake.

You decide.

Should I be scared of you, cuz I think I am, hahahaha
You know it wouldn't be fair to all the other DC contestants for me to give in so eagerly. Come on, can't you guess ?:sleep:

Ok, hint #3

What do you suppose should happen by preventing all the moisture in the batter from escaping ? And don't say explode !

*sighs* when I finally removed the lid to view mah masterpiece, it resembled pudding in every aspect. I just thought the lid would help prevent crackage !!! But noooooooo ! With the lid off, I turned the oven back on to 400. Immediately the top rose gloriously and looked as if it might be salvaged, unaware of the pending grand collapse. What I created was a marvelous BOWLING BALL MITT ! Without a doubt, I achieved the most perfect example of the " fallen cake " ever I've seen. Interestingly enough, the great gaping hole, never cracked !!!!!!!!!!! Final baking time ? 3 hours and 30 minutes.

You're the first person I've come across, to find a need to use the mallet to the head smiley, lol. Well implemented

Last edited:
me too, I'm going to bed, way sleepy after fighting the good fight. Wanted to start another cake tonight but I'll get up early to do it.
Good night

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom