For tiramisu, where can I find mascarpone(GA)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ssuro

Assistant Cook
hi. I want to make tiramisu, but I cannot find ladyfingers and mascarpone. I live in Atlanta near Ga tech. I went to kroger and publix, but there wasn't. If somebody knows where I can get them, please help me. =D

Mascarpone is like cream cheese. Most groceries have it somewhere with the other cheeses. If that fails you, try an Italian shop. I'm sure a big center like Atlanta has one.

I finally found them in "bigger" Publix. The first Publix I went did not have them. and... yes when I was in SD, I can easily buy them at albertsons. I recently moved to Atlanta, so I had no idea where to go. (no albertson or vons in GA)
Thank you. =D

I know the S. Fla. Publix carries an Hispanic version of the ladyfingers and they are called Gilda. They are a bit sweeter but work in a pinch. They also carry the mascarpone cheese. If you use the Gilda cookies you might want to brew your expresso a bit stronger.

I was able to find the Polenghi brand of mascarpone that I prefer at Whole Foods! before that, only at Italian specialty stores.

BTW, the kind of lady fingers you need for tiramisù are crispy. Italians call them "Savoiardi."

Publix does not keep it where one might think with either the cheeses or sour cream and cream cheese. If you walk by where they have the prepackaged stuff across from the Boar's Head counter, you will find Middle Eastern hummus and and also mascapone cheese. It took me a while to find it in South Florida. It would be cheaper in an Italian market but if it is easier for you to go to Publix, go there.

Back
Top Bottom