Help please - flopped chocolate cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gailbenjamin.osborn

Assistant Cook
I find that the chocolate I make is quite moist at the bottom after it is done baking.Could I be using too much of an ingredient?

gailbenjamin.osborn said:
I find that the chocolate I make is quite moist at the bottom after it is done baking.Could I be using too much of an ingredient?

Could try adding an extra egg- I know if you want brownies to be more cake-like you add more egg. Also make sure it's cooked all the way through.

Make sure the oven is heating from both the bottom and the top, and place it on a middle shelf. Don't put the pan on another pan, or anything that will get in the way of the heat at the bottom.

My favorite thing to do with cake like that, is to crumble it, add a cup or two of chocolate frosting, mix it gently by hand, roll it into balls, refrigerate, then dip in chocolate. (adding rum to the cake when you add the frosting is even better)

I would need to see the recipe. I would like to know if you are making any substitutions at all (even small ones can mess up the chemistry of a recipe). Also cakes are much more delicate, so very accurate measuring is crucial.

Unless the cake is supposed to be moist, then likely the receipe is making the liquid quantities too big. It is not always good to follow a receipe exactly, in my opinion. Next time, you could try adding more flour, or cocao try make the cake a bit dryier. :)

We would need to see the recipe first before we can help you. My never fail recipe for chocolate cake can be found on the back of the Hershey's Cocoa can. Along with their frosting. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom