Homemade Pam or cake release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love tips like this. Even better than using a Maggie on my hand for the shortening...

chopper said:
I love tips like this. Even better than using a Maggie on my hand for the shortening...

Ok. Auto correct made it a Maggie. I wanted to say baggie. Like a sandwich bag!

We always used to save the wrappers from butter and use those to grease pans. My grandma kept a jar in the fridge and we'd put the wrappers there. Here in Canada, butter isn't sold in quarters, so I don't get the waxed paper/parchment paper wrappers anymore. It took the DH years to ask why I always quartered the pound of butter--that is until I bought butter in the States. The penny dropped the first time he opened a pound of "US" butter.

Ok. Auto correct made it a Maggie. I wanted to say baggie. Like a sandwich bag!
Thanks! I was wondering what Maggie was--I had an MGB I named Maggie, and a Saint Bernard--neither of which would've been convenient to put on my hand to grease a cake pan!

Thanks! I was wondering what Maggie was--I had an MGB I named Maggie, and a Saint Bernard--neither of which would've been convenient to put on my hand to grease a cake pan!

:ROFLMAO: I dare say the Saint would have objected.:ROFLMAO:

I normally use my silicone baking pans, which need no greasing whatsoever. Just place the cooling rack on top of the cake pan, muffin pan, loaf pan, etc., turn it upside down, and everything just falls out. When I do need to grease a pan, I use the spray-on stuff. I have lite oil and butter flavoured, depending on what I am cooking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom