How to achieve this cheesecake texture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Romeo26222

Assistant Cook
Hello
I am making a No-Bake cheesecake, and I have a major problem to achieve the correct texture like the pastry shops do it..

as a picture is worth a thousand words, I am attaching the texture of the pastry shop cake and mine, the shop cake texture is almost like the baked one, creamy and have a firm structure, mine is more jelly like, not rubbery because I am not adding much gelatine but the texture is not the same and affects the taste too..
i read somewhere that some chefs adds corn starch and others add powdered milk to get this structure, I am clueless here and hoping for some advice..

my recipe:
300 gm cream cheese
200 ml whipping cream
70 gm powdered sugar
i sachet of powdered gelatin on 30 ml of hot water

---------------------------------------------------
The pastry shop cake

Fo0i2Io.jpg

pjXNuEN.jpg

mcE7lMY.jpg

My cake

ONGQdFR.jpg

PZ9meQa.jpg

zPaVI5o.jpg

Last edited:
yes. sure
300 gm cream cheese
200 ml whipping cream
70 gm powdered sugar
i sachet of powdered gelatin on 30 ml of hot water
half cup of sour cream..

It looks like you're comparing a baked cheesecake to a no bake cheesecake.

Your no bake has gelatin in it while no baked cheesecake has gelatin in it.

you mean the pastry shop cheesecake i posted here you believe it is baked one?

I agree.

Baked and no-bake cheesecake have very different textures.

The OP's no-bake has airy holes in it from the whipped cream to give it structure.

The bakery shop cheesecake is flatter and denser without those holes. It looks like a baked cheesecake to me.

IMO baked cheesecakes are way better in every way than no-bake.

Many eons ago I bought a cheesecake mixture in a box. Made it, daughter took one bite and the rest went right into the garbage. I now only make "baked" cheesecakes from scratch.

:( :wacko: Oh the stupid things we do when we are young. :angel:

A really easy recipe for cheesecake to bake would be:

3 8oz packages of softened cream cheese

5 eggs

1 cup sugar

2 pre-made pie crusts (Keebler?) from the grocery store

Bake at 325° for 50 minutes or until you think it is done (and I am still figuring out when that is). Let cool completely in the oven and then chill.

Actually, with small pans like these, you can cool your cheesecake on the counter and it won't crack. The only time I've had cracking is when I move to a larger pie pan.

You can also add a little sour cream and vanilla to this if you like. Or you can make one a regular cheesecake and you can melt chocolate for the second one and stir it into the batter before you bake it for a chocolate cheesecake.

This recipe gives a pretty dense texture that would be close to the picture.

Last edited:
The picture from your bakery looks like a baked cheesecake to me. No-Bakes will not give you near the same texture as the baked custard has eggs in it. That's where the density and texture comes from.

I too believe it is a baked cheesecake looking at the texture. I don't see why a shop would even bother making a no-bake cheesecake, at least a decent pastry shop. No-bakes just don't measure up to what most people expect when they spend their money in a shop on a cheesecake.

If you want to bake a cheesecake that is fluffy instead of dense, try making an Italian cheesecake. Italian cheesecakes are made with a mixture of ricotta and mascarpone cheeses, which makes it fluffy instead of dense.

I made a Spumoni Italian Cheesecake in the Amoretti Test Kitchen. You can just leave out the extraneous items like syrups, fruits and nuts and make a one dimensional Italian cheesecake if you wish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom