Ice Cream cakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I've made lots of cakes in a 13x9 that I shouldn't have but it always works.

I take a grill out of the oven before I bake the cake. When the cake is done, after 10 minutes, I turn it out on the grate. When it is cool, I cut it in half lengthwise and use a cookie sheet to remove the top layer.

Put a layer into a cleaned 13x9 (sprayed with Pam), cover it with softened ice cream and fudge, nuts or whatever else you like, then carefully put the other layer on top by sliding it off the cookie sheet. Frost with whipped cream or cool whip.

I've even made Black Forest Cake like this. :)

dona and ray said:
how do I make an ice cream cake (9 X 13 pan) and what is the best frosting for decorating same:angel:

Welcome to DC.

Can you show us the recipe? Are you sure you want to use frosting on an ice cream cake? You could drizzle the top with chocolate syrup... but without seeing the recipe, don't want to guess.

A few ideas:

You could make brownies in two pans (for the cake), let them cool & layer with semi-melted ice cream, another layer of brownies, and freeze.

Another option is, pressing cookie dough into the pan (as a base), baking, cooling, topping with ice cream, then sprinkle toppings of choice (nuts etc) and freezing -- an ice cream pie. I have a recipe for peanut butter ice cream pie. If you're interested, pm me.

Yet another option is, an ice cream sandwich cake, made with ready-made ice cream sandwiches.

The size of the dish used may or may not depend on the recipe; but we can help you adapt, if you have a certain recipe in mind.

Lol, because I'm not a big fan of ice cream, it never occurred to me that she might want a real ice cream cake. I was thinking more along the lines of a hot fudge cake.

I may eat a pint every year or so.

Back
Top Bottom