ISO help w/blueberry muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mommyNY2

Cook
made the following blueberry muffins and am greatly disapointed

i am looking for made from scratch blueberry banana muffin recepie.

i followed the recepie on the dot, just added a mashed banana as improvisation, it stuck to the papercups-looks bad!

please help!!! whats wrong with the recepie or can u share ur favorite?

thanks!

Blythe's Blueberry Muffins: Recipes: Self.com

Makes 12
INGREDIENTS

• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
  • 2 eggs (preferably organic)
  • 1/2 cup whole milk
  • 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup plus 1 tsp sugar, divided
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries

PREPARATION

1. Heat oven to 375°. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Whisk butter, eggs and milk in a bowl. Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in another bowl. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients; fold in blueberries. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups; sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp sugar. Bake until muffins are golden brown and a knife comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm.

The skinny

232 calories per muffin, 10 g fat (6 g saturated), 33 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 4 g prote

The extra moisture and sugar the bananas added to the mix are the culprit. You'd be much better off looking for a banana muffin recipe and adding some blueberries.

you have very valid point!

i usually don't improwise just this time, and came across through so many lousy recepies......

i just now wonder if this recepie is good? or rather if this is how to make delicious blueberry muffins?

I'm not familiar with the website you linked. I can't say of Gwyneth Paltrow's mom makes great muffins.

When I'm looking for a reliable recipe, I look on trustworthy websites and collect 4-6 recipes and compare them.

Search here for recipes. Also, for baking, you could also look at Martha Stewart's site or BH&G or Good Housekeeping.

you have very valid point!

i usually don't improwise just this time, and came across through so many lousy recepies......

i just now wonder if this recepie is good? or rather if this is how to make delicious blueberry muffins?

If you're looking for a delicious, foolproof recipe for blueberry muffins, I have one. I've made these many times.
(My notes: I add 1 tsp lemon zest to the batter, use 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen/unthawed, and omit the extra 1/2 cup crushed blueberries. I also omit the sprinkling sugar on top. I use buttered muffin liners, and butter the top of the muffin pan. Make sure the butter and eggs are at room temperature!):
BLUEBERRY MUFFINS (Jordan Marsh)
Blueberry Muffins Recipe - Food.com - 26756

I'm not familiar with the website you linked. I can't say of Gwyneth Paltrow's mom makes great muffins.

When I'm looking for a reliable recipe, I look on trustworthy websites and collect 4-6 recipes and compare them.

Search here for recipes. Also, for baking, you could also look at Martha Stewart's site or BH&G or Good Housekeeping.

very true!
i am a total fan and magazine subscriber to Good Housekeeping!
their recepies are very good!:-p

If you're looking for a delicious, foolproof recipe for blueberry muffins, I have one. I've made these many times.
(My notes: I add 1 tsp lemon zest to the batter, use 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen/unthawed, and omit the extra 1/2 cup crushed blueberries. I also omit the sprinkling sugar on top. I use buttered muffin liners, and butter the top of the muffin pan. Make sure the butter and eggs are at room temperature!):
BLUEBERRY MUFFINS (Jordan Marsh)
Blueberry Muffins Recipe - Food.com - 26756

thanks! that looks good!

what are the buttered muffin liners? i use reg. liners

thanks! that looks good!

what are the buttered muffin liners? i use reg. liners

You're very welcome!

I brush the paper liners with a little melted butter, plus the top of the pan. No sticking at all.

Then why use papers at all? you could lightly grease and flour the muffin dish.

muffin cups makes those muffins attractive for my toddler and makes my clean up easier actually the baking pan barely needs any washing!:D

i didn't want to use the extra butter even for the greasing....:angel:

You're very welcome!

I brush the paper liners with a little melted butter, plus the top of the pan. No sticking at all.

thanks!
you know what's interesting, why do some recepies call for vegetable oil and some for melted butter? aren't they interchangeable, some muffins stick to papercups some don't .....:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom