ISO info on Unsweetened Chocolate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobefn

Assistant Cook
I'm trying to make this cake and it calls for 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate but I can't find unsweetened anywheres can I use bittersweet? thanks for any help.

Unsweetened chocolate is sometimes called baking chocolate and you need to read the fine print. Some baking chocolate is unsweetened and some is semisweet. How is the chocolate added to the cake?

Look in the baking isle of your store. It comes in a smallish box. There are several brands out there - this one seems to be the easiest to find....

Attachments

• bakers chocolate.jpg
    bakers chocolate.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 197
Here the Ingredients 12 ounces semisweet chocolate 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate. You use them like this
In a medium saucepan, bring the espresso, brown sugar and the cinnamon sticks to a simmer over very low heat. Simmer until the syrup is very fragrant, about 20 minutes. Stir in the butter until melted, and then stir in the cayenne pepper. Set aside.
Pulse the chocolate in the food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a deep bowl. Pour in the warm coffee syrup and whisk until the chocolate is completely melted

Okay kobefn, I was looking to see if it was being melted or just chopped and added. Sometimes you can sub cocoa powder for unsweetened chocolate in recipes but you will need to find it in the store. Look for something like JanetH showed you. It should be readily available at any grocery store in the baking section. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom