ISO Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe from Scratch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Andy: Wow ... GorgeousTasting Cake

:yum: Thank you for posting the topic ... My mom used to prepare a stunning Pineapple Upside Down Cake ... Since I am translating my Mom´s and my paternal Grandmom´s recipes, I shall do a search for it this week and of course, post it when I find it.

I absolutely adore fresh Mirador de Jinama Pineapple ( El Hierro,The Canary Islands ) and I loved Hawaiian Pineapple too ... The fragrance of fresh pineapple is a true delicacy.

Thanks,
Ciao.
Margi.

Buon Girono, Laurie ( LP Beier ),

Thank you so much for posting your recipe ... I absolutely flip for Pineapple and am looking for a birthday cake for the Vet, and he is a true pineapple aficionado ( Fan ) --- So this is it !

I shall do a trial run, as I have not baked this cake variety in quite some time due to fact that fresh Pineapple´s seasonal availability in Madrid is from November to March ... (and I do not employ any tinned products.)

In purchasing of Pineapple, if they do not have fragrant perfume aromas, it is best not to purchase ...

I have to check out some of the Italian islands on pineapple or if I can get Hawaiian, as I am uncertain if they are exported to Spain, that would be wonderful too.

Kindest regards Laurie.
Ciao,
Margi.

Well I just made my Mom's recipe for a birthday cake order (she was having a luau themed birthday party) on the weekend. The recipe was a triple batch of the one I posted somewhere in this thread.

It was piped with Chantilly cream and edged with "upside down" candy melt molded pineapples!

That cake looks fantastic LP! Beautiful!

My coffee hasn't kicked in yet. I was thinking, "why are the pineapples upside down"? Then it hit me, DUH!

Looks really good, I bet it tasted even better!

One of the tricks to getting it out of the pan (besides making sure you've prepped the pan) is to only leave it in the pan for 5 minutes. This is true for carmel rolls and monkey bread. If you leave it longer, the sugar carmelizes and hardens.

Well I just made my Mom's recipe for a birthday cake order (she was having a luau themed birthday party) on the weekend. The recipe was a triple batch of the one I posted somewhere in this thread.

It was piped with Chantilly cream and edged with "upside down" candy melt molded pineapples!

Now I feel totally inadequate and have PUD cake envy.

Say.. that there's a fancy lookin cake...

You should think about making them professionally... :mrgreen:

I just read this whole thread. Thanks for my roaring out loud laugh for the day. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LP that cake is something to behold. Great job. :angel::chef:

And to think pineapple is one fruit I hate. :ermm: So why do I own a pineapple corer and peeler? :rolleyes:

I just read this whole thread. Thanks for my roaring out loud laugh for the day. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LP that cake is something to behold. Great job. :angel::chef:

And to think pineapple is one fruit I hate. :ermm: So why do I own a pineapple corer and peeler? :rolleyes:
:LOL::ROFLMAO: For the longest time, I had one of those things on which to hang bananas...I hung my potholders on it, I hate bananas! It finally went to the Goodwill.

:LOL::ROFLMAO: For the longest time, I had one of those things on which to hang bananas...I hung my potholders on it, I hate bananas! It finally went to the Goodwill.

Thanks. If I ever get a banana holder, I will know what to do with it. :ohmy:

Now I feel totally inadequate and have PUD cake envy.
I was not trying to upstage you, Andy! I actually prefer a CIPUD, but they wanted it rectangular! ;) :LOL:. Besides, you'll get over it! :)

Sorry I hijacked your thread but I knew my recipe was here (I think). :rolleyes:

Hey, you never DID post a picture!

Last edited:
One of the tricks to getting it out of the pan (besides making sure you've prepped the pan) is to only leave it in the pan for 5 minutes. This is true for carmel rolls and monkey bread. If you leave it longer, the sugar carmelizes and hardens.
Oh, yeah, the 5 minute rule - must be strongly adhered to! The reason there are a few hard pieces is because we tried to straighten the cake on the board and it was hard and cracked.

Here I used a recipe from here (I forgot whose) for that made a one layer cake. I winged it for the topping, as I have done for so many years that I forgot the original one. I would suggest using LP's. The only thing I do different is I use crushed pineapple with a little of the juice. Cook on the stove top to thicken, then add the cake mix.

View attachment 14054

View attachment 14055

Last edited:
Laurie: I am going to prepare your divine cake tomorrow

Laurie,

As previously mentioned, thank you for sharing your divine recipe and I cannot wait to prepare it tomorrow. We are going to have it for the Euro Cup final Match between Spain & Italy ...

Have a lovely 4th,
Ciao, Margi.

Laurie,

As previously mentioned, thank you for sharing your divine recipe and I cannot wait to prepare it tomorrow. We are going to have it for the Euro Cup final Match between Spain & Italy ...

Have a lovely 4th,
Ciao, Margi.
Margi, I will be looking forward to how it goes.:)

We actually celebrate on July 1st here in Canada - we usually go camping with some of DH's family but things just aren't working out for that so I think we will have a nice BBQ dinner on Sunday...I have invited his parents and brother who don't do the camping thing! :)

Back
Top Bottom