Joey's Cheesecake recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Joey's Cheesecake

5 - 8oz pks of cream cheese (Philly)
4 - eggs + 2 egg yokes
1- cup of sour cream
1 3/4 - cup sugar
1/4 - cup flour
1 - Tbsp Vanilla extract
All ingredients should be at room temp to start. Also when mixing and adding ingredients, mix till well combined. Start by adding flour to sugar and mix. In a KA mixer fitted with a mixing paddle,add sour cream and mix to coat the sides of the bowl. This will keep the cream cheese from sticking to the sides of the bowl.Add cream cheese and extract. Next add eggs 1 at a time until well blended.(speed #2).Now blend in the sugar slowly and mix till smooth.
The crust: Graham cracker,Vanilla wafers,cereal, etc.
1 1/4 - cups crackers
1/3 - cup butter
3 - TBSP sugar
Break down crackers into crumbs & mix in sugar.
Heat butter in a pan till melted , add crumbs and cook 3-4 minutes stirring often.
Press to the bottom of a spring form cake pan and bake @ 350 for 8-9 minutes. Then cool.
Butter the sides of the pan or use buttered parchment paper added to the sides of the pan.
I bake my cheesecakes in a water bath. This can be done by sealing the bottom of the cake pan with a double layer of heavy foil set in a baking pan and adding hot water to the pan 1/2 way up the side of the pan. I myself have a silicone "Easybath cheesecake wrap". That works great!
This is my setup....below>

With a preheated oven set at 350. Pour in the batter and let it sit for a few minutes to rid any air bubbles. Place in the oven and add hot water to the pan being careful not to get water in the cake. Cook till the top starts to brown, about 90 minutes. Once it's a little brown shut off the oven and open the oven door to let the heat out for about 5 minutes; then leave it in the oven for about 2 hours then remove it from the water and put it back in the oven for at least another 2 hours. Remove spring form and let it cool. Then refrigerate over night.
For the toppings...Berries: blue berries, raspberries, cranberries etc.
2-cups berries
1/4 cup water
1/3 - 1/2 cup of sugar or honey
Add all to a pan and cook till berries are broken down and somewhat smooth. Add a thickener to make it spreadable. Thickeners can be cornstarch or arrowroot. Let cool then top cake with sauce and add fresh berries. If using cranberries there is no need to add extra berries!
Enjoy

39817-albums1064-picture7687.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom