Lemon Lava Cake (pudding cake)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I've never been much of a baker, but many years ago there was a couple of pudding cake mixes on the market we enjoyed, one was chocolate, and the other lemon. The idea was the pudding was on the bottom and the cake on the top. We liked the lemon best, but they discontinued making the mixes.
I was asked to make a dessert for a family dinner today and came across this easy recipe for a blast from the past. It was better than we all remembered with a generous portion of pudding at the bottom and served with some whipped cream on the top. Good eats! :yum:

Desserts | Lemon Lava Cake Recipe | Recipe4Living

Last edited:
Ooh, Kay, you are my hero! This sounds delightful!

One of our faves does molten chocolate lava cakes for birthdays.

As a fellow non-too-much-baker, this makes sense to me.

Last edited:
Oooh....that sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing, Kay - we all love lemon desserts in my family. :yum: I'll definitely be making this!

Does anyone remember the brand of mix for the lava cake? Driving me nuts, can't remember!! It wasn't a major brand that we used

I've never been much of a baker, but many years ago there was a couple of pudding cake mixes on the market we enjoyed, one was chocolate, and the other lemon. The idea was the pudding was on the bottom and the cake on the top. We liked the lemon best, but they discontinued making the mixes.
I was asked to make a dessert for a family dinner today and came across this easy recipe for a blast from the past. It was better than we all remembered with a generous portion of pudding at the bottom and served with some whipped cream on the top. Good eats! :yum:

Desserts | Lemon Lava Cake Recipe | Recipe4Living

I will look for a "for two" recipe... This looks yummy...

Ross

Back
Top Bottom