Mailing cupcakes with frosting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mondeng71

Assistant Cook
Hello. I want to priority mail cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Any tips on ensuring freshness and that these do not spoil? Thanks

Dry ice will keep the cheese fresh.

I would think an even bigger dilemma would be how to keep the frosting from getting smushed when the package it tipped over. How have you solved that problem?

I solved the crushing problem a long time ago. Whenever I get a take-out pizza, I save the little plastic thingies they use to keep the lid of the box from smashing the pizza when you stack them 10 high in the delivery vehicle.

I would mail them unfrosted with a container of frosting, a container of chopped walnuts, a plastic knife and a set of detailed instructions on how to frost them. If the person you are sending them to does not have a sense of humor they do not deserve cupcakes! :LOL:

Cupcakes

Thanks you guys for the great advice. I will try the dry ice. And the pizza container tops are a great idea too. Even considered the sending the frosting separately!

If anyone is interested, apparently there is a website called sugarcraft.com that actually sells bakery shipping items...

Back
Top Bottom