"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2022, 04:09 AM   #1
Certified/Certifiable

Modified Jiffy Cake

Jiffy cakes make for a quick and easy cake. Unfortunately, the flavors are limited. That being said, it's easy to alter the mix to get the flavos you want. German chocolate, add a quarter cup of cocoa powder to the white cake mix. Strawberry, add 1/4 cup freeze dried strawberries. Or change to freeze dried blueberries, raspberries, banaanna, or cherries. Fir butter scotch. Add melted butter, and a 2 tbs. of brown sugar. For lemon, add zest of 1 lemon. You can even turn it into a red velvet cake if you so desire. As always, I encourage plaing with your food. I think the Jiffy cake mixes would work nicely for a small dump cake, or snack cake. You might even use one to make a brown betty, or cbbler.

Seeerya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 05:45 AM   #2
Master Chef

Chief....

Thank you for these suggestions.

You are appreciated.

Ross
Old 05-11-2022, 06:29 AM   #3
Master Chef

Yup, as always, great suggestions Chief!

Thanks! I always know who to turn to.
Old 05-11-2022, 11:20 AM   #4
Head Chef

Ditto the 2 above, Chief! I'm keeping a copy of your suggestions!

Tags
cake, freeze dried berries, recipe, white cake mix

Modified Jiffy Cake Jiffy cakes make for a quick and easy cake. Unfortunately, the flavors are limited. That being said, it's easy to alter the mix to get the flavos you want. German chocolate, add a quarter cup of cocoa powder to the white cake mix. Strawberry, add 1/4 cup freeze dried strawberries. Or change to freeze dried blueberries, raspberries, banaanna, or cherries. Fir butter scotch. Add melted butter, and a 2 tbs. of brown sugar. For lemon, add zest of 1 lemon. You can even turn it into a red velvet cake if you so desire. As always, I encourage plaing with your food. I think the Jiffy cake mixes would work nicely for a small dump cake, or snack cake. You might even use one to make a brown betty, or cbbler. Seeerya; Chief Longwind of the North 3 stars 1 reviews