My cheesecake sold for $70!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vagriller

Head Chef
I made a cheesecake a few weeks ago that sold at a charity auction for $70! It was just a plain cheesecake but I dressed it up with some sliced strawberries and shaved white and milk chocolate. $70, I still can't believe it! Should have taken a picture.

That's great vagriller and even better for a great cause. Let us see your pics next time. Good luck.

Wow. Cheesecakes are always amazing and if it sold for $70 it must have looked delicious and tasted better for the individual who got it.

I just recently made my first chocolate cheesecake. It was called triple chocolate. It had milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate in the batter and a chocolate graham crust. It had a significant depression in the middle, so I shaved some white and milk chocolate to fill it up (darn the luck!). I noticed that the chocolate variety turned out more creamy, and I prefer cheescake to be really dense. Any way get it to be more dense?

I am looking to see what kind I will make next time. I like white chocolate and raspberry myself. Suggestions?

Pumpkin ginger is one of my favorite. Another twist is to use a shortbread or brownie crust. I also like one that I've made before called toffee-crunch caramel cheesecake (yeah, it makes your teeth hurt thinking about the sweetness but it's really good!:LOL:)

I have a collection of cheesecake recipes, but several aren't originals so I can't post them. If you want any, feel free to PM me.

I used to make that New York Lindy Hotel cheesecake recipe. As I recall......if it were made today it would probably cost about $70 to make! LOL!!! It took 5-8 oz. bricks of cream cheese, etc. Delicious but a dieter's nightmare. Haven't made it in many moons!

I used to make that New York Lindy Hotel cheesecake recipe. As I recall......if it were made today it would probably cost about $70 to make! LOL!!! It took 5-8 oz. bricks of cream cheese, etc. Delicious but a dieter's nightmare. Haven't made it in many moons!

The plain cheesecake I make calls for 5 8oz bricks of cream cheese. This recipe is in the New Betty Crocker cookbook, and I figure it to cost about $14 to make not including garnish.

Thats fantastic! Oh and I love your idea for white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake.

My favorite cheesecake recipe calls for 3 8-oz bricks of cream cheese. I make one that sounds similar to the one you described; plain old vanilla cheesecake with fresh sliced strawberries on top and a strawberry glaze drizzled over that. It's SO good. Can't indulge too often though, or I'll end up 500 pounds overweight in no time. :rolleyes:

I make a fridge variation that is light and airy using egg whites and light ricotta to substitute for some of the cream cheese. Lime and brown sugar flavour.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom