My First Post and Attempt at Fondant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to DC and congratulations, you have a nice cake there.

I have been making cakes for more years than I can count if you hadn't told me that was your first I would have thought you were a professional. :)

Wow! Thanks so much, means a lot! Here is my finished version, cut into the cake to show :chef:

I don't like my 'rose' design ontop... I should of left it as is, but all is good, I'm super happy with how it turned out :)

img_1161053_0_8df957ee89c15b45f4b83a11c703005d.jpg

"ohh,you knew you were coming so you baked a cake:whistling"good morning & welcome from manchester uk mrs k.i can't bake so double respect.....nice job:chef:

Last edited:
Thanks Harry! I'm very new to the baking world... I've started with cupcakes (which I'm still no where near good with decorating) and just wanted to try cakes, and after my first attempt, I'm hooked and can't wait to get better :)

It's amazing how motivational a new Kitchenaide is. Beautiful cake - love the gradient of colors on the cake itself. Are the layers flavored differently?

Will post the recipe when I get home tonight.

I didn't do different flavours for the layers cause I'm not sure what flavours would of complimented each other. Guess I have to trial and error a bit more and not be scared :)

I made my first cake with fondant less than a year ago and even made my own marshmallow fondant. Pretty brave I guess, considering it was my son's wedding cake! Didn't even have a chance to try making fondant before actually making the cake. UGH! Pretty crazy when I think back on it. But I did have free reign on it as long as it was fall themed. First time using the pens too.

I made my first cake with fondant less than a year ago and even made my own marshmallow fondant. Pretty brave I guess, considering it was my son's wedding cake! Didn't even have a chance to try making fondant before actually making the cake. UGH! Pretty crazy when I think back on it. But I did have free reign on it as long as it was fall themed. First time using the pens too.

I took a look at your cake album. I am impressed. Great work. :angel:

if this is your first attempt, mrs. k., then i can't wait to see what you are baking one year from now.:) martha stewart, watch out for mrs. k.! oh, and welcome to dc. we are are a group of food and people-loving folks here. stick around and see for yourself!:)

Back
Top Bottom