Overnight Coffee Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
2C. all-purpose flour
1C. sugar
1/2C. firmly packed brown sugar
1tsp. baking powder
1tsp. baking soda
1/2tsp. salt
1tsp. cinnamon
1C. buttermilk
2 large eggs
2/3C. melted butter

Mix first 7 ingredients, add buttermilk, butter, & eggs. Beat a tmedium speed w/ an electric mixer for 3 minutes. Spoon batter into a greasd & floured 9x13x2 inch baking pan.

Mix 1/2C. brown sugar 1/2C. chopped pecans, & 1/2tsp. cinnamon, sprinkle over batter.

Cover & refrigerate overnight. Uncover & bake at 350 deg. for 30-35 minutes.

The recipe looks like a great coffee cake...but why overnite??..something to do w/the buttermilk?? Just curious :roll:

personally, think that is the best part! Can make ahead so you can do your other cooking in the morning (bacon? eggs?) while the coffee cake is in the oven! Don't think the recipe requires it, I think it permits it to help the cook! :D but maybe somebody else knows something I don't!!!

Good Luck!

I'm with wasabi--leaving overnight saves lots of time, so who cares how it works, lol! :LOL:

Hi Crewsk thanks for posting this recipe. Can you please comment on the end result.

I love the fact that you can get all this prepped overnight and then just put in the oven in the morning and have your house smell nice.

Does leaving it overnigh in the refrigerator cause any changes to the final product or does it turn out just like any other coffee cake.

I always bake everything the day before I want to eat it. This allows the flavors to develop and the bakery always tastes better.

Right, I understand.

What I'm saying is, although it makes your house smell good in the morning, I think bakery tastes better when it's baked the day before.

Thanks so much for this posting -
I'm signed up to bring a coffee cake for our school teachers - they'll love this, since it'll still be warm when they dive in! ;)

Overnight Coffee cake...

from my baking experience I agree with the others posters...this recipe allows you to leave it overnight. I think that the baking soda would technically be less potent the second day but still active enough to give the desired affect. My family is loving me finding this discussion board as the desserts and treats keep rolling out the oven....Thanks Gang :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom