Peach Struesel Coffee Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MexicoKaren

Head Chef
I like this cake because it is not overly sweet and it is very buttery!

Peach Streusel Coffee Cake

Preheat oven to 350F and generously grease 9X13 pan

Cake:
2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 TBS baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 cup evaporated milk
1 and ½ tsp vanilla
3 cups sliced peaches

Streusel Topping:
1 cup all purpose flour
¾ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup softened butter

1. In bowl of food processor, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Pulse for a few seconds to mix. Add butter and process in short pulses to make coarse crumbs.

2. In a large bowl, beat egg with milk and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture to make a thick batter.

3. Spread batter in prepared pan. Top with peaches. (You could use any fresh, or even canned fruit)

4. Make crumb topping by combining flour and brown sugar, then cutting in butter to make coarse crumbs (I use my hands to do this) Sprinkle crumbs over cake evenly.

Bake at 350F for about 45-50 minutes until top is browned a little bit. Cool on rack.

Last edited:
Oh I wish I'd had this recipe last night. We needed a treat andmade some rhubarb muffins that were NOT GOOD. This would have been much better!

Oh, you are all so welcome. The small peaches we have here, quicksilver, are a freestone peach of some kind. In the market, they are just called "durazno" (peach). Pretty good if they are ripe enough. I think this would be good with blueberries or raspberries, too. Our Costco sells large bags of those tiny little frozen blueberries. Next time I'm there, I'll get some and try it. Hope everyone enjoys....

Thanks Karen! I'll give this a whirl tomorrow I think. I'll post back and let you know how many pounds we gained!;)

Back
Top Bottom