Pineapple upside down cake - crisp on top and soupy on the bottom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
I made 3 pineapple upside down cakes. The first came out pretty well but on the last two the cake was starting to get a little crispy but when I flipped the cake, the bottom was a little soupy. I did use fresh pineapple - not sure if that made the difference or not. Here is the recipe:

RecipeSource: Old Fashioned Pineapple Upside Down Cake

I put the inverted cakes back into the oven for about 10 minutes and it seemed to fix the problem.

What did I do wrong to begin with?

Mrs Hoot is the resident expert on pineapple upside down cakes in these parts.
She says the the temp is too low. Maybe you should try 400-425 degrees. Or just increase the cooking time by 10-15 minutes. All ovens are different and it may take a few times to get the best results. good luck and let us know what you find out.

thanks! Should I alter the recipe bcuz I am using fresh pineapple? Is the moisture content going to be different?

I don't think it would make very much difference using fresh pineapple vs canned. It does sound like there may be a tick too much moisture somewhere in the recipe. Have you tried the same recipe with canned pineapple?

I will try sometime...first I will try altering the temp a bit. Canned pineapple here is much more expensive than fresh :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom