Pumpkin Cheesecake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
I adjusted this recipe when Shrek and I were doing the Atkins Diet, hence the pecan crust. It did have Splenda in it in place of the sugar, but I have since returned to sugar. Can't believe I haven't posted this before, but i sure can't find it.

Pumpkin Cheesecake
Crust:
1 c fine chopped pecans
3 tbsp. sugar
3 tbsp. butter, melted

Crust: Mix chopped pecans, 3 tablespoons sugar and melted butter; press firmly into 9-inch spring-form pan.

Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.

Filling:
5 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 c. sugar
3 tbsp. flour
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 c. Pumpkin Puree
4 eggs

Whipped Cream

Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and pie spice until well blended. Add pumpkin. Mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each one. Pour over crust.

Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until center is set. Loosen rim of pan, but let cool before removing. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.

Top with Whipped Cream just before serving.

I made one last year for my SIL. He loves ginger snap cookies, so I used them for the crust. I also gave him the rest of the cookies that were left in the box. It is that time of year again, and I got another request for a repeat. :angel:

Does this have a fairly firm texture, it seems like it would with 5 packs of cream cheese? I've been using a Cook's Illustrated recipe and while good, isn't exactly what I've been looking for.

Sounds yummy, princess...thanks for posting it! I love that it has a pecan crust. :yum: Copied and saved.

The recipe that I use has 2 cups of cream cheese, but also has 1 cup of sour cream.

There are 12 ingredients. When I first looked at it, it was almost a deal breaker. Too many ingredients not only for the cake itself, but a separate list for the crust and topping. All together, two full pages between the ingredients and then a full page of instructions. As I said before, I made one out of ginger snap cookies. That has 5 ingredients with separate steps for that. Then there is the topping that has 4 ingredients. I almost told my SIL to go stand in the corner until after the holidays. It did come out beautiful and he loved it. :angel:

I wonder if I could order a cheesecake at the grocery bakery, with gingerbread crust. You all have me drooling all over my keyboard. Slurp!

I love gingerbread and cheesecake!!!!!

I wonder if I could order a cheesecake at the grocery bakery, with gingerbread crust. You all have me drooling all over my keyboard. Slurp!

I love gingerbread and cheesecake!!!!!

My crust is made with ginger snap cookies. But the worst thing they can say is no. So ask. :angel:

A 9 inch pan is too much for me to have tempting us around here. Any ideas how it would turn out if I used a 4 1/2 inch springform instead? Mr. Math Guy (aka Himself) said even though the smaller one is 1/4 the volume of the larger pan, the surface-to-volume ratio might make it fail. Help from the real bakers, please? Remember, I like cooking better than baking since there is a wider margin for error. ;)

CG, there is no leavening, etc. in this recipe, it's safe to divide everything by 2 or 4 to fit your pan.

YES! This might be my new pumpkin cheesecake recipe!

bc, a question for you. I know you bake for a supermarket kitchen. Do you ever get to create your own recipes? And do they make a pumpkin cheesecake at this time of year? Everyone I know that loves cheesecake, loves pumpkin cheesecake. So it seems to me that it would be a big seller for your store. A perfect addition to their holiday offerings. :angel:

I adjusted this recipe when Shrek and I were doing the Atkins Diet, hence the pecan crust. It did have Splenda in it in place of the sugar, but I have since returned to sugar. Can't believe I haven't posted this before, but i sure can't find it.

Pumpkin Cheesecake
Crust:
1 c fine chopped pecans
3 tbsp. sugar
3 tbsp. butter, melted

Crust: Mix chopped pecans, 3 tablespoons sugar and melted butter; press firmly into 9-inch spring-form pan.

Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.

Filling:
5 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 c. sugar
3 tbsp. flour
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 c. Pumpkin Puree
4 eggs

Whipped Cream

Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and pie spice until well blended. Add pumpkin. Mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each one. Pour over crust.

Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until center is set. Loosen rim of pan, but let cool before removing. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.

Top with Whipped Cream just before serving.

I think that I've found my new pumpkin cheesecake! Made this last night for my work luncheon today and it was fantastic! I usually don't make a recipe for the first time, and serve it a function, but something told me that this would be a winner.

Loved that it was nice and thick, loved that it was just pumpkiny enough and for me it was spiced perfectly.

I used a spiced graham cracker crust.

bc, a question for you. I know you bake for a supermarket kitchen. Do you ever get to create your own recipes? And do they make a pumpkin cheesecake at this time of year? Everyone I know that loves cheesecake, loves pumpkin cheesecake. So it seems to me that it would be a big seller for your store. A perfect addition to their holiday offerings. :angel:

Sorry I missed that question!

In the grocery business, many things come in already done, a very small percentage is produced in store anymore. It's pretty rare to find a grocery store that does anything from scratch, and if they do, there would be recipes that are strictly followed, since there has to be all of the ingredients listed on the labels, any additions or substitutions would make the label incorrect causing all kinds of problems.

Oh, thank you so much for bringing this back up Bakechef, and for another TNT testimonial. I saved princess's recipe back when it was posted, it sounds wonderful. I'm for sure going to make this for the holidays. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom