"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2020, 03:30 AM   #1
Cook

Purple Carrot Cake

An easy and a bit different carrot cake to make since Purple Carrots work exactly like orange ones, only with less sugar, richer in properties and then have such a beautiful color!

Serves 4, Round-Cake Pan 18 cm diameter, Preparation time 20 mins, Cooking time 50-60 mins.

300 g purple carrots
150 g flour almonds or peeled almonds minced or to be minced
70 g flour 00 AP Flour
3 eggs
130 g brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
a pinch of salt
Icing sugar for garnishing, to taste

Method

Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4

Peel the carrots.

Grate them on a lightly floured grater or cut them into small pieces and chop them in the mixer. Collect the pulp in a bowl.
Sift the flours.

Separate the yolks from the egg whites. Whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt and beat the yolks with the sugar until smooth and creamy and add it to the carrot pulp.

Mix and add the flour a little at a time and the baking soda.
Lastly, add the egg whites whipped stiffly, stirring gently from the bottom to the top.

Grease the baking pan with the butter before pouring in the mixture and bake for about 50 minutes to 180 C.

Otherwise, wet a sheet of baking paper, wring it out, put it in the cake pan and add the mixture.

Tip: to check the cooking test the stick, if it comes out dry it means that it is cooked.

Remove from the oven and let it cool to room temperature before sprinkling with icing sugar. Serve.

MyPinchofItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 05:12 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Sounds great! Thanks

Copied and will now keep a look-out for purple carrots. Most of our stores sell varied carrots mixed colours rather than just one colour each.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:22 AM   #3
Cook

Thank you, glad to hear you can find several carrots mixed colors

I had attached the photo with recipe but I don't know why it's not attached...I did domething wrong, ahha
I'll try again soon
Old 08-11-2020, 03:39 AM   #4
Senior Cook

How strange! One time I made icing with purple cream cheese! It was moldy though! I threw it away! They were quite... repulsive!
Old 08-11-2020, 11:22 AM   #5
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntHill5 View Post
How strange! One time I made icing with purple cream cheese! It was moldy though! I threw it away! They were quite... repulsive!
I guess making icing with moldy purple cheese would have repulsed me too.
But this recipe doesn't provide for that :-)

Tags
cake, carrot, recipe

Purple Carrot Cake [IMG]https://mypinchofitaly.co.uk/2020/07/06/purple-carrot-cake/[/IMG] An easy and a bit different carrot cake to make since Purple Carrots work exactly like orange ones, only with less sugar, richer in properties and then have such a beautiful color! Serves 4, Round-Cake Pan 18 cm diameter, Preparation time 20 mins, Cooking time 50-60 mins. [B]300 g purple carrots 150 g flour almonds or peeled almonds minced or to be minced 70 g flour 00 AP Flour 3 eggs 130 g brown sugar 2 teaspoons baking soda a pinch of salt Icing sugar for garnishing, to taste[/B] [B]Method[/B] Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4 Peel the carrots. Grate them on a lightly floured grater or cut them into small pieces and chop them in the mixer. Collect the pulp in a bowl. Sift the flours. Separate the yolks from the egg whites. Whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt and beat the yolks with the sugar until smooth and creamy and add it to the carrot pulp. Mix and add the flour a little at a time and the baking soda. Lastly, add the egg whites whipped stiffly, stirring gently from the bottom to the top. Grease the baking pan with the butter before pouring in the mixture and bake for about 50 minutes to 180 C. Otherwise, wet a sheet of baking paper, wring it out, put it in the cake pan and add the mixture. [B]Tip[/B]: to check the cooking test the stick, if it comes out dry it means that it is cooked. Remove from the oven and let it cool to room temperature before sprinkling with icing sugar. Serve. 3 stars 1 reviews