Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrsmac

Head Chef
This is a favourite with my family and at work, one of the mothers from school gave me the recipe years ago, she used to make them for a local coffee shop.

2 cups SR flour
1cup plain flour
1/2 tsp bi carb soda
3/4cup castor sugar
90g melted butter
1 1/3 cup milk
1 egg
1/3 cup white choc buds
150g frozen raspberries (must be frozen NOT defrosted)
Method
Place lightly beaten egg, milk and butter in a bowl. Add other ingredients and mix until just combined with a metal spoon. Place spoonfuls in greased muffin tin and bake at 180 C for 20 minutes.
Enjoy:chef:

I hear canister sugar alot. Is that regular granulated sugar or and icing sugar (confectionary sugar)?
Also is the flour a regular alpurpose or a cake flour.
these are my 2 favorite things rasberys and white chocolate Yummy
thanks

Castor sugar is just a finer ground white sugar, my mum used to make her own by just milling white sugar for a few second with her bamix mill.
Plain flour is your all purpose flour.

SR flour is self-rising flour.

Mrs. Mac, white chocolate and raspberries are two of my husband's favorites. He'll love these!!!

is castor sugar the same thing as superfine sugar? thats easily available in the US. And bicarbonate soda...is that baking soda?

Thanks for the chart. I'm sure I can figure it out enough to make the recipe. My neighbor has her daughter and 22 mo old grandaughter home for a few days. I'm having a little tea party and will make these. I'm sure the guests will enjoy them.

Castor sugar is fine so I think it would be superfine, baking soda is the same as our bi carb soda! isn't it confusing now just convert the measurements!!
Hope they turn out well, remember Don't overmix!:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom