REC:Caramel Apple Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Prep; 15 minutes
Total; 1 hour 35 minutes

1 pkg. yellow cake mix { 2-layer size}
1 - 4 oz.pkg french vanilla pudding mix
1 cup water
4 eggs
1/3 cup vegatable oil
3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and coarsley chopped
20 caramel candies, unwrapped
1/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a fluted bundt cake pan or a 10inch tube pan.
In large bowl, mix cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, eggs and oil. Beat on low for about 2 minutes until well blended. Beat 2 more minutes on high.
Gently stir in apples. Pour into pan.
Bake 50 minutes-1 hour or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes; remove from pan onto wire rack and let cool completely.

Microwave caramel candies and milk in microwavable bowl for 1 1/2 minutes on high. Stir every 30 seconds until smooth and well blended. Cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle over cake

I got a magazine that sends out on the seasons and I just couldn't help myself :eek:)
It's been a while since I've posted recipes and I figured I had better participate in more than just yapping. LOL
My fingers are tired, I'll post some more tomorrow though.

Wow, good looking recipe there. I'll give it a try.

One thought, if you want to make caramel from scratch. Take 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, boil in a small saucepan (I mean *small) until it carmelizes to a golden-brown. Remove from heat and quickly toss in 1/4 cup heavy cream and whisk together. Careful, as it may splatter. This makes a killer caramel sauce, though it may need to be cooled more to stay solid as a frosting. I'm going to try this on the weekend though! :)

Thanks copper, and welcome to DC!!

3.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom