REC: Kahlua Brownies and Pina Colada Cheesecake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Ok, these are the desserts that I am taking to my sisters for the 4th. I will let you know how they turn out.

Pina Colada Cheesecake

2/3 cup sweetened, flaked coconut
1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 envelopes {1oz each} unflavored gelatin
4 {8oz} packages cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 {15oz} can cream of coconut
3 tbls. dark or light rum {optional} not for me:LOL:
1/3 cup pineapple juice {yes it's on here twice, you'll see why}

In a 10 inch nonstick skillet, cook coconut over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Remove from skillet to cool. Coat a 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and 1/2 cup coconut;stir in butter. Press onto bottom and about 1 inch up the side of pan. Pour the 1/4 cup pineapple juice into a small, microwave safe bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over juice; set aside.

In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on high speed until smooth.
Reduce speed to medium; beat in sugar then sour cream. Reduce speed to low. Add cream of coconut, rum and the remaining 1/3 cup pineapple juice; beat until combined. In a microwave, heat reserved gelatin mixture on high in five second intervals until gelatin dissolves. At low speed, beat gelatin mixture into cheese mixture until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan. Refrigerate at least four hours or until set. Remove side of pan; garnish with remaining coconut. Makes 16 - 20 serving

Kahlua brownies

1/2 cup butter
3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup Kahlua

Heat oven to 350
Grease an 8x8 inch cake pan
Mix together the flour, Baking powder, salt and Kahlua and set aside.
In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate, stirring frequently until smooth.
Remove the saucepan from heat and let cool
Beat eggs and sugar until light. Mix in; cooled chocolate mixture and Kahlua flour mixture.
Spread into the cake pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Cool slightly, then brush the top with about 1-2 tbls of Kahlua.
Cut into squares.

oh...... yummmmmmmmmmmm.
please let me know how these
turn out. and let us know about
the raves these sound like they'll
get lol

A word to the wise. On the pina colada cheesecake where it says to put the gelatin in the pineapple juice and set aside...DON'T! Do everything up until that goes in and then do the mixing with the pineapple juice. It set on me so fast. I just dumped it in before I realized it and it was a clump of gelatin. I really hope that enough of it mixed in and it will set, or all is completely ruined. I made 40 mini cheesecakes for tomorrow. Any cheesecake experts out there, can you tell me if there is a chance, with all the liquids that went into it, that it will set?

Back
Top Bottom