Red Grits Cake... for all who ask me for that recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karaburun

Senior Cook
Hallo,

I´m sorry for doing that so late, but my translation takes time, that I don´t have had the last time.:wacko:

But Ok.... Here it ist:

Red Grits Cake

Ingredients for the dough:

4 eggs
225 g sugar
200 ml Oil ( Sunflower is good)
330 g flour ( white wheat flour)
7-8 g bakinpowder
200 ml orange limonade ( I take Fanta Orange:rolleyes: )

Beat the eggs and sugar foamly. Now comes the oil slowly thereby. Stear the flour and bakingpowder together. This comes into the eggscream. At last add the Fanto thereby.

Put bakingpaper on a baking pan ( In size of the oven). I hope your baking pan has a border of min. 2-3 cm... Otherwise make some with aluminium foil.

This dough must bake for ca. 15-20 minutes on 180°C in the oven.

1st Cream:

2 Packages Red grits powder (one has here 42 g)
75 g sugar
500 ml water
1 glas of red grits ( about 500 g)

Mix the red grits powder with sugar and stir it together with 100 ml water. Bring the rest of the water ( 400 ml) to boil and now add the mix from red grits powder, sugar and water. Let it cook till it´s a very smoothy cream.

Let this cream cool down and add the glas of red grits, This cream must cool down in the fridge.

2nd cream:

600 ml whipped cream
2 packages "Sahnesteif" ( it´s a powder that makes the whipped cream standing for longer hard:wacko: )
25 butter cookies ( like this on the foto)

OK. Now beat the whipped cream hard foamly whit the "Sahnesteif" or add gelantine thereby.

Now take the pan with the cold cake. Make a ring around the cake. Now comes the 1st cream constand on them. On that top comes constand the whipped cream.

At last arrange the cookies on the top ( look at the foto)

So. Now I hope my english is not to bad to understand for you:LOL: . I´m sorry for that.:angel:

7864-small-rote-gruetze-kuchen.jpg

33164-small-rote-gruetze-kuchen.jpg

Back
Top Bottom