Red, White and Blue Dessert Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dana H.

Assistant Cook
Red, White and Blue Dessert Bars
(Courtesy of link removed as advertising is not allowed)
Ingredients:

1 can (15 ounces) wild blueberries in light syrup
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 cups low-fat granola cereal with raisins and nuts
2 tablespoons melted margarine or butter
1 package (8 ounces) low-fat cream cheese
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in its own juice, drained
¾ cup heavy whipping cream*
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup strawberries, stemmed and cut in half

Preparation:

Drain blueberries over a medium saucepan. Whisk cornstarch into blueberry juice. Cook juice until it comes to a simmer and thickens. Add blueberries, and cook until mixture returns to a simmer. Cool.

In work bowl of food processor fitted with a metal blade, pulse cereal until crushed. Add margarine, and pulse until combined. Press granola mixture into bottom of an 11x7-inch baking dish. Chill.

In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and ginger until light and fluffy. Add pineapple and beat until combined. In separate bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla. Fold whipping cream into cream cheese mixture, and stir until combined. Pour over crust. Spoon blueberries on top of cream cheese mixture in three diagonal lines. Garnish with strawberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

* 1½ cups non-dairy whipped topping may be substituted for the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.

Servings: 8

Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 290; Calories from Fat 110; Total Fat 13g; Saturated Fat 6g; Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 170 mg; Total Carbohydrate 38g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 21g; Protein 5g

For this and more recipes, visit link removed as advertising is not allowed

Last edited by a moderator:
When I made it I used a graham cracker crust because I'm not a fan of raisins. However, Total or Kellogs Low-Fat Granola might be a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom