Refrigerator Jello Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anne

Senior Cook
REFRIGERATOR JELLO CAKE

More and more, I'm making cakes from scratch now, but this old favorite of my mother's still comes in handy when I need a cake on short notice. While this recipe calls for chocolate cake and cherry jello, you can make all sorts of varieties by using white cake with orange jello, lemon cake with lime jello, etc. Suit yourself!

1 box chocolate cake of your choice

1 - 3 oz. pkg. cherry jello
3/4 cup boiling water
1/4 cup cold water

1 envelope Dream Whip
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 cups cold whole milk
Chopped nuts (optional)

Mix and bake cake as directed on box and bake in a greased and floured (or nonstick) 13X9" pan. While cake is baking, make the Jello with the boiling water and the cold water. Cool cake for 20-25 minutes in pan.

Poke deep holes into the cake, 1" apart and almost to the bottom, with a cocktail stirrer or a chopstick. Pour gelatin mixture into holes through a funnel. Refrigerate cake for 45-60 minutes. In the meantime, make the topping.

In a medium bowl, place Dream Whip, instant pudding mix and cold milk. Whip 3 - 8 minutes until very stiff. Remove cake from refrigerator and spread with topping. Sprinkle chopped nuts over topping, if desired.

Serves 8 - 10. Cover and refrigerate leftover cake.

Anne,just caught up with your recipe..Thanks, it looks like one my gang will enjoy..kadesma

Anne thanks for sharing your Refrigerator Jello Cake - it sounds delicious. I will definitely have to print out a copy. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom