Rose macarons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cuppers

Assistant Cook
For those in Australia, happy spring! I made some rose macarons a while back which I'm now sharing. Shell recipe adapted from the lovely Pierre Hermé pastries recipe book. :chef:

12.jpg

1.jpg

91.jpg

Prepare the macaron shells: Place almond meal and almond meal in food processor and pulse for a minute to remove any lumps. Well sifted and combine food coloring with 110g of egg whites. Pour this over the icing sugar- almond mixture without mixing and set aside.
  1. In saucepan, boil the still mineral water and caster sugar to 244 °F (118 °C).
  2. As soon as the syrup reaches a temperature of 239 °F (115 °C), start whisking the egg whites in an electric mixer at medium speed till it reaches soft peaks.
  3. Pour the sugar syrup cooked to 244 °F (118°C) over the whipped egg whites.
  4. Allowed the egg whites reaches peak, and removed from the electric mixer; let it cool down to 122°F (50°C), than add the prefer food coloring into the egg white mixture.
  5. Lastly incorporate the icing sugar + almond mixture (remember to mix this two dry ingredients together first) into the egg white mixture, its okay to go wild on mixing the mixture (you can mix it in bit by bit, this is to ensure the mixture is well mix and no lumps of icing sugar or almond meals in the final mixture). Because we would like the final mixture to lose its volume.
Fill a pastry bag fitted with a round tip with batter and pipe small rounds (around 3cm diameter). Let the macarons sit out for 30 minutes to an hour to harden their shells.

Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C). bake for 12- 15 minutes, depending on their size.

Remove from the oven and cool on the tray for a few minutes, then gently remove from the sheet and place on a wire rack to cool completely.

Rose ganache filling:
400g white chocolate
200ml thicken cream
30g unsalted butter
To taste rose water
Optional: red powdered/ gel food coloring

Methods

1. Grate or chop the chocolate into small pieces so that it melts evenly.
  2. Bring the cream to the boil.
  3. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Combine using a whisk. Cool a little.
  4. When cooled to 104°F (40°C), incorporate the unsalted butter, diced. Combined well again so the ganache is smooth.
  5. Add rose water and red coloring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cuppers, they look amazing, so pink and vibrant and I just love the photography :)

Just a question, with the macaron shells...was there meant to be another ingredient added....as this is what it says at the moment?

"Prepare the macaron shells: Place almond meal and almond meal in food processor"

Last edited:
Cuppers, they look amazing, so pink and vibrant and I just love the photography :)

Just a question, with the macaron shells...was there meant to be another ingredient added....as this is what it says at the moment?

"Prepare the macaron shells: Place almond meal and almond meal in food processor"

Hi Kylie, sorry my bad . It suppose to be Blitz both the almond meal and icing sugar. By the way, thanks for your compliment :)

Hmm, not sure why my images are all gone.
I'm uploading them again.

Attachments

• cupcakes-n-macarons_rose-macarons-12.jpg
    cupcakes-n-macarons_rose-macarons-12.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 290
  • cupcakes-n-macarons_rose-macarons-2-645x1024.jpg
    cupcakes-n-macarons_rose-macarons-2-645x1024.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 75
  • cupcakes-n-macarons_rose-macarons-9.jpg
    cupcakes-n-macarons_rose-macarons-9.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 189
  • cupcake-n-macarons_rose-macarons-3.jpg