Strawberries & Cream Meringue Roulade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gravy Queen

Head Chef
Strawberries and Cream Meringue Roulade. Gluten free.

Tis the season of Wimbledon here, tennis, strawberries and cream. This is a delightful light sweet treat I found on a food blog on Twitter. :yum:

Attachments

• meringue roulade.jpg
    meringue roulade.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 610
Last edited:
Gorgeous as always Gravy Queen ...

Tonight is the Euro Cup, Spain verses Italia ...

Who is playing at Wimbleton ? What do you think of Rafa Nadel from Mallorca ?

The cake matches your pillows too ! Lovely ...

Congrats on ur new avatar !

Kindest.
Margaux.

Bill,

This dessert has a lovely history ... It hails from a Russian Ballerina named Ana Pavlova, in the 1920s ... This dessert was made in her honor in Australia and New Zealand.

Happy 4th,
Margi.

Its a meringue rolled up so a meringue roulade. Not sure what the difference is with a pavlova? Are they different recipes? :ermm:

I'm not actually following Wimbleydons, I just like strawberries and cream. :)

A Pavlova is a meringue base, "iced" with Whipped cream and covered with fresh fruit in season. Sliced Strawberries, sliced Kiwis, orange supremes. The fruits are variable to what you have on hand. The base is 9-12 inches and about 2 inches high. A thin apricot glaze can be brushed on to save the fruit from drying out if it will be served later.

Very light and quite delicious.

Yep, both have meringue, fruit and cream....Pavlova is round, Roulade is rolled. Otherwise they are basically the same and I love them both! :)

Amazing, GQ! Can't wait for DH to be able to eat eggs again and me dairy (we are both on challenges for intolerance). I have always made similar desserts for the very fact they are gluten free and delish!

Thank you !

Good luck with your health challenges LPBeier - do you eliminate them from your diet for a period of time and monitor the results?

Oh my gosh that looks wonderful. What a great desert to eat on a hot day!!!

Back
Top Bottom