Sugar Glaze for The King

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biglou424

Assistant Cook
First time caller here. I have tried to create a sugar glaze that sets up crunchy, hard on top by following a recipe on line that received great reviews. However, I seem to have difficulty in creating what everyone is raving about.

It called for Confection Sugar, Milk and Light Syrup...mix and stir... no cooking.

First, even though no lemon was called for, it tasted as though it had Lemon in it. I made it 2-3 times and even bought fresh con.sugar and still had the same result.

Second, It never really became crunchy like everyone discussed in the reviews.

Ok ...I followed their recipe to the letter .... what could have gone wrong to give me a lemon taste that stayed creamy and not hard like the King Cake Wanted?

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking :)

What are the measurements of the ingredients? That's key to texture.

I don't know where the lemon flavor could have come from. You were tasting it plain and not on the cake, right?

The King Cake Wanted? Not sure what you mean.

If I recall correctly ... 1 Cup Con. Sugar, 2 Tbs Milk, 1 Tbls LIGHT CORN SYRUP. All the reviews raved about there success.

I was tasting straight from the bowl. My wife noticed a lemon flavor also.

"The King Cake Wanted" ... just funny lil' way of saying I was placing this on a King Cake.

When making a glaze, milk will result in a soft glaze, while water will result it a hard glaze. Try replacing the milk in the recipe with water and see if that gives you the results you are looking for.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom