T&T Carrot Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I've probably even posted this recipe before. It is an alteration I used to make a carrot cake that is very tasty, moist, and a little more healthy than the original recipe. I cut the fat by more than half from the original and it is still very moist.

Goodweed's Carrot Cake

Greese and flour a 10" round or square spring-form pan.
Ingredients:
Mix together dry:
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups Splenda or sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. backing powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg or ground mace

Mix wet until smooth:
4 large eggs
3/4 cup cooking oil

Mix with eggs and oil:
1/2 cup water
1 tbs. dark molasses
1/8 cup pineapple juice

Fruit & Nuts
2 1/2 cup finely shredded carrots
1 cup walnut pieces
1/4 cup crushed pineapple
1 cup softened raisins (place raisins in a microwave safe bowl with enough water to cover. Cook on high for three minutes. Drain.)

Combine the fruits and nuts with batter until all is mixed together. Don't over-mix. Pour into the spring-form pan.

Place into a 350' F. oven and bake for 1 hour. Test with a clean butter knife. Poke it in the middle and pull the knife back out. If the knife comes out clean, the cake is done.

Cream Cheese Frosting - This frosting comes out silky smooth with no hint of graininess. It is like a thick glaze, only better. It flows slowly accross the cake like lava, forming a perfect thickness of cream-cheese frosting goodness.

Ingredients:
16 oz. cream cheese
1/2 stick unsweetened butter
3 tbs water
5 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Melt the butter in a large, microwave safe bowl. Add the cream cheese and soften it in the microwave for 30 seconds on highest setting. Stir until well blended. Add the water and vanilla and stir until smooth. Whisk in the powdered sugar until silky smooth. Let cool.

Remove the cake from the oven when done and let cool completely. It's best if you can refrigerate it overnight. Cut the cake in half for a layer cake. Slide a thin, plastic cutting sheet between cake layers and lift the top layer to the side. Spread frosting evenly over the top of the bottom layer. Place the top layer on. Slowly pour the remaining frosting on top, spreading it evenly so that it oozes down and covers the sides of the cake. Use a frosting spreader to make sure everything is evenly frosted. Serve cold with a bit of good vanilla ice cream.

Oh yea! This beats Christmas cake any day of the year. Give this away for the holidays and no one will pass it along the following year. I guarantee it.:mrgreen: In fact, it may become the most wished for gift from your family and friends.;)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom