Originally Posted by GotGarlic
Hi. Can you please clarify about the almond cream? Is it the mixture of all the ingredients except the egg yolk, including the pears? Are they combined in a certain way?
Also, how many pears are in a "large box"? I don't see pears in a box at the grocery stores near me. And, do you need to prepare them in some way? Remove the cores, cut into pieces, etc.? Thanks.
Sorry for my lack of precision, the previous recipe had 2 errors.
There is no pears in the authentic Galette des Rois. You do not need them.
Here is the corrected version:
FOR A SINGLE KINGS CAKE:
- 2 pie crusts (puff pastry)
- 150 g almond powder
- 75 g butter
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk
- 100 grs sugar
- A large box of pears in syrup
- 60 to 90 grs of chocolate chips
The recipe FOR A SINGLE KINGS CAKE :
- Drain the pears.
- Combine almond powder+2 eggs+sugar.
- Roll out the first puff pastry. Prick the dough with a fork
- Wet the outer edges of the dough with water for 2 cm
- Spread the almond cream up to the limit of two centimeters
- Take the second dough and place it on the first to close the cake. - Press well on the edges to seal the two pastes.
- Mix the egg yolk with a little bit of water. - Brush the top of the cake with.
/!\ VERY IMPORTANT: make a hole in the middle of the cake so that the steam can escape. Otherwise the cake explodes !!!!! /!\