What makes a carrot cake so good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Number 18

Cook
Hello

I've been crazy about this carrot cake I buy almost daily from the cafe near by.
Nothing special about the batter.
Neither the cream (where they use light sweet whipped cream instead of cream cheese frosting)

What makes it special is that what to me looks like carrot flakes.

God they're so addictive.

They don't taste like carrots.
They have a candy corn texture. (hard yet chewy)

Any ideas what are they and how to make them
because they're not just dehydrated alone. their taste make it usable for desserts only, not soups.

Usually, all you do is grate up some raw carrots and fold it into the batter. They cook to a soft consistency right in the cake.

It is probably some type of orange candy or confection. Did you ask them what they were?

This carrot cake recipe is extremely good. It is moist, has just the right amount of sweetness, and enough carrot taste to satisfy carrot cake "snobs."

Recipe Details

I think the oil and the pureed carrot make the difference. I've made recipes with pineapple, without the pureed carrots, but none compare with this recipe.

I make a really good carrot cake...what makes it incredible to me is the cream cheese frosting...mmmm

It's funny you should bring this up today since I just took two layers of carrot cake out of the oven. My husband is not a huge chocolate fan, so I've been baking all sorts of fruit, nut, etc. kinds of cakes.

I just received my April 2011 issue of Southern Living yesterday and noticed their recipe for Layered Carrot Cake and knowing I had all the ingredients in our pantry, I decided to make it.

One of the reasons I like carrot cake is because it's so moist and the added flavor of the cinnamon is great. This one has a small amount of crushed pineapple, so I'm looking forward to a delicious cake.

The recipe also gives instructions for making the cake into cupcakes, which would be nice for tucking into your lunch.

You might want to try your hand at this cake and see if it's anything like the one you've been enjoying.

It is probably some type of orange candy or confection. Did you ask them what they were?

I though they were candy but I don't know for sure. And no because I've asked them before for another cake and hey replied that they get the food from the original factory, where it delivers every morning.

I will try to post pictures tomorrow.

This carrot cake recipe is extremely good. It is moist, has just the right amount of sweetness, and enough carrot taste to satisfy carrot cake "snobs."

Recipe Details

I think the oil and the pureed carrot make the difference. I've made recipes with pineapple, without the pureed carrots, but none compare with this recipe.

Thank for the recipe.

I make a really good carrot cake...what makes it incredible to me is the cream cheese frosting...mmmm
:D

It's funny you should bring this up today since I just took two layers of carrot cake out of the oven. My husband is not a huge chocolate fan, so I've been baking all sorts of fruit, nut, etc. kinds of cakes.

I just received my April 2011 issue of Southern Living yesterday and noticed their recipe for Layered Carrot Cake and knowing I had all the ingredients in our pantry, I decided to make it.

One of the reasons I like carrot cake is because it's so moist and the added flavor of the cinnamon is great. This one has a small amount of crushed pineapple, so I'm looking forward to a delicious cake.

The recipe also gives instructions for making the cake into cupcakes, which would be nice for tucking into your lunch.

You might want to try your hand at this cake and see if it's anything like the one you've been enjoying.

I will try that for sure. thanks.

Do they look like these?
candywarehouse_2150_750597337

If they are they are simply called sprinkles, or "jimmies" to some folks, and can be ordered online.

I wonder if they are some sort of candied carrot, maybe in flake form. Just a guess out of thin air.

Do they look like these?
candywarehouse_2150_750597337

If they are they are simply called sprinkles, or "jimmies" to some folks, and can be ordered online.

Oh, no. They're more like finely chopped carrots.

I wonder if they are some sort of candied carrot, maybe in flake form. Just a guess out of thin air.
I googled some pictures and recipes but it doesn't look the same!

will post a picture today

hope they are clear enough:neutral:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Photo_00002.jpg
    Photo_00002.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 713
  • IMG_0770.JPG
    IMG_0770.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 650
  • IMG_0769.JPG
    IMG_0769.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_0767.JPG
    IMG_0767.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 678
  • IMG_0768.JPG
    IMG_0768.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 675
Can't tell anything from the picture. I guess I would just ask them what the topping is.

carrot cake

I like golden raisins in mine and half cream cheese, half whipped cream for frosting. And, crushed pineapple with the juice.

Can't tell anything from the picture. I guess I would just ask them what the topping is.

Didn't work

Candied, dried, shaved carrots.

Hmm, will try that.

I like golden raisins in mine and half cream cheese, half whipped cream for frosting. And, crushed pineapple with the juice.

I'm not a raisin fan :sick:

That'd be my guess too.

Like these only shaved

The recipe you linked tells to keep then in the syrup which will make them soft and glazed. unlike the dry ones they use!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom