Will the chocolate sink and get burned? (Please help Emergency)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RosyIvory

Assistant Cook
Hi to you all,
I'm planing on making a simple cake for my family this Thursday as we have kind of a celebration. I already know the ingredients as I made it before. but my question is if I put chocolate chips would they sank in the bottom and get burned. (I use the kind of cans that makes the cake looks like a ring, as there's a hole in the middle of the cake, I'm not sure what it's called)

And these are the ingredients:
1 to 1.5 cup sugar, 4 eggs, vanilla, 1 cup oil, baking powder, 3 cup flour and 1 cup milk

PS: I put it on the top of the stove not in the oven and takes about an hour

So, Will this kind of dough make the chocolate chips sink and get burned? and if this likely to happen how can I fix it within the same ingredients? Or do I have the green light

Just saw this on the Food Network a few days ago. The solution to keep the chocolate chips from sinking was to toss them in flour before adding them to the cake batter. Hope that helps!

Yes, the flour should help. I think you are referring to either an angel food pan or a bundt pan. I hope the cake works for you and happy celebrating! By the way, welcome to DC!

Oh yes, cocoa is good. I actually use sifted cocoa to "flour" my pans for chocolate cakes. It works just as well and doesn't leave any white stuff all over. I think it enhances the flavour too. Good call Mrs. Cuillo!

Oh yes, cocoa is good. I actually use sifted cocoa to "flour" my pans for chocolate cakes. It works just as well and doesn't leave any white stuff all over. I think it enhances the flavour too. Good call Mrs. Cuillo!

Thank you!! And I agree with you...it's gives more flavor and good call to you on sifting it...I bet it's easier to use that way!!

First, thanks for your responses and your help.
Someone advised me to Separate the egg yolks from the whites and beat the whites as when making a sponge/meringue then mix all of the other ingredients together and then fold in the beaten whites as this will create a suspension to hold your chips in place.
Can this be done to this kind of dough/cakes beside folding the chocolate chips?

Back
Top Bottom