7-Layer Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
Reading the posts about 7-layer salad elsewhere reminded me of this recipe:

Melt 1 stick butter in 9x13 pan. Add 1 to 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs. Mix and spread to cover bottom of pan, press down with spatula.

Layer over graham crackers these ingredients, in the following order, in amounts to cover surface:
shredded coconut
chocolate chips
butterscotch chips
chopped nuts

Pour 1 can sweetened condensed milk over top; bake for 30 minutes at 350.

Let it cool before cutting into squares.

Mudbug...I have been making this for yrs...probably the first thing I learned to bake...I always refer to it as the Idiot Cookie! I say call it what you want but everyone loves it....

To cut easily chill in refrig or even freezer first and or line pan w/foil.

My Mom used to make them all the time when I was a kid. I may have to make some myself to just to remind myself of what they were like.

We called these Magic Cookie bars. Mmmmmmmmm...think I might make me some. Could I do this without an oven? In the BBQ? I think I may have to try it. I NEED SOME BAKING!!

they are not too sweet...just yummy...you can play w/the ingred. if you want...all choc. chips or all butterscotch...your choice..same w/nuts pecans or walnuts...

Is there anything I could use to replace the coconut? Can I just omit it altogether? Coconut happens to be one of about 5 (mainstream) things I don't like.

Laur

Omit the coconut...and you have a 6 layer cookie...nobody will know that the original recipe called for it if you dont tell them!!

Back
Top Bottom