A Variety Of Different Baking Recipes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

genghis07

Assistant Cook
Now as a teenager, it's kind of hard to imagine myself baking, but the opportunities do come up! Basically girls hunt you down if you mention you know how to make a chocolate cake.

But I got bored of knowing how to make one type of cake. So I did some researching and came across Recipeland.com.

They have all kinds of cake recipes, like Cake In A Jar (who knew!?) and even a 3-Step Cheesecake! Hopefully by the time a friend's birthday comes around, I'll be able to surprise them with a homemade cake!

:chef:

It's cool that you're learning to bake, Genghis. I started learning to bake when I was your age.
I'll never forget my first layer cake. I was making it for my mother's birthday, and really wanted it to look nice. But...I didn't know to let the cake cool before frosting it. When I started putting on the frosting, the whole thing just fell apart. Mom heard me sobbing in the kitchen, and came in to see what was the matter. When she saw the cake, she told me what went wrong, but bragged on how tender and delicious it was, and said we could serve it in a bowl with ice-cream.

Hi, genghis. Welcome to DC. You will get plenty of baking/cooking advice here and be able to hone your skills quite well. Just ask questions and never worry if your questions are silly or dumb. The only silly/dumb ones are the ones you DON'T ask. Everyone has to start somewhere.

I have a feeling you will be able to present your friend with a beautiful tasty cake in celebration of his/her birthday. Best wishes at becoming a pro.

C, I did the very same thing with my first layer cake. Mom told me to put two straws thru the cake to hold in place til it cooled. I was thoroughly embarassed, but our company enjoyed it. The cake provided the dessert and the entertainment that night.

Back
Top Bottom