Add a little more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Cuillo

Sous Chef
I made peanut butter blossoms and I don't think there is enough peanut butter taste to them. Can I just add more peanut butter or do I have to increase another ingredient as well? The recipe calls for 1/2 a cup. :chef:

I am no doubt the best baker here. And because I even choked on my Russian tea when I said that someone will come along who can truly help you!!! Personally, I don't see that more peanut butter would harm anything - but PLEASE, don't take my word for it! :blush:

I would start by adding a small amount, it may change the consistency of the cookie. Or you may be able to sub out some of the butter for more peanut butter. Just start with small changes and see what happens.

I'd go ahead and add more peanut butter but if the dough seems too oily after adding then add flour in small batches until you get the consistency you need

The Z said:
And so HUMBLE! LOL :ROFLMAO:

Just ask Alix or MJ - they'll tell you just how great I am (if they say I can't bake - well, they COULD be telling the truth) :ROFLMAO: :-p

(If survival depended on me baking - well....it's goodbye KE)

Mrs. Cuillo said:
I made peanut butter blossoms and I don't think there is enough peanut butter taste to them. Can I just add more peanut butter or do I have to increase another ingredient as well? The recipe calls for 1/2 a cup. :chef:

The additional sugar will alter the result of the baked cookie. More than likely, it will not retain it's shape, spreading much more than desired. Most of baking is based on chemical reactions between ingredients. If you really desired more peanut flavour, why not add peanut flavoured chips?? Or create a peanut flavoured glaze?

Why not try to locate another peanut butter blossoms recipe? Try and locate one that has MORE peanut butter as an ingredient.

VeraBlue said:
The additional sugar will alter the result of the baked cookie. More than likely, it will not retain it's shape, spreading much more than desired. Most of baking is based on chemical reactions between ingredients. If you really desired more peanut flavour, why not add peanut flavoured chips?? Or create a peanut flavoured glaze?

Very good idea! I think I will try that.
Thank you Vera!!:chef:

Aria said:
Why not try to locate another peanut butter blossoms recipe? Try and locate one that has MORE peanut butter as an ingredient.

Very true... there are so many on this site!!:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom