Are You Cutting Down On Your Cookie Baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There will be fewer cookies coming out of my oven this season: I must make Russian Tea Cakes, aka Mexican Wedding Cookies, just because I love them so much and I've resisted the urge to bake them all the rest of the year because they are so fattening; a small batch of cut-out cookies just because it's Christmas; and some oatmeal-raisin-walnut cookies just because they sound like they're good for you. Will I be able to resist baking something peanut butter and/or chocolate? We'll see...:angel:

There will be fewer cookies coming out of my oven this season: I must make Russian Tea Cakes, aka Mexican Wedding Cookies, just because I love them so much and I've resisted the urge to bake them all the rest of the year because they are so fattening; a small batch of cut-out cookies just because it's Christmas; and some oatmeal-raisin-walnut cookies just because they sound like they're good for you. Will I be able to resist baking something peanut butter and/or chocolate? We'll see...:angel:

Cutting down on the variety of Christmas cookies is one of my hardest concessions to diabetes and calorie counting! Candied fruit, peanut butter, dates, figs, almond paste, all of the wonderful once a year treats. I think of the baking the old girls did when I was a kid, they started the week after Thanksgiving and kept at it until Christmas. Every year my mom would forget where she hid one tin or another and find them around Valentines day or Easter.:LOL:

Those Russian Tea Cakes freeze nicely if you don't put the sugar on them. When you take them out of the freezer pop them in the oven for a few minutes to thaw and then toss them in the powdered sugar. They will taste like you just made them.

Good luck trimming your cookie list!

Okay, so I was really NOT going to bake a lot as I have a freezer full from my "kids".

But then I got my cookie press and I am addicted. The whipped shortbread was wonderful so I set out to find other recipes. Today I am planning:
Gluten Free Spritz Cookies
Chocolate Spritz Cookies
Lemon Spritz Cookies

:chef:

Years ago I would make trays with an assortment of least a dozen cookies and candies. I had a list of 20 TNT kinds that I would choose from. But it has gotten expensive and friends and family have passed or moved and the girls are older now school teacher gifts and holiday bake sales have dwindled. Also diabetes and arthritis etc hasn't helped either.

Here is the list of the TNT cookies and candies I would choose from. Over the years I had tried MANY other that didn't make the cut.

1. Gingerbread Boys and Girls (I make mini cookies)
  2. Chocolate Macadamia Cookies With White Chocolate Chunks
  3. Cream Cheese and Jelly Cookies
  4. Texas Sandies
  5. Jelly Tots
  6. Santa's Chocolate Thumbprints
  7. Chocolate Chip Cookies
  8. Caramel Acorns
  9. Peanut Butter Cookies
  10. Pecan Tassies (Miniature Pecan Pies)
  11. Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
  12. Santa's Jelly Thumbprints
  13. Pecan Puffs
  14. Cream Cheese Cookie Gun Cookies
  15. White Chocolate Brownie Drop Cookies
  16. Quick Peanut Oat Cookies
  17. Cream Cheese Spice Cookies
  18. Sugar Cookies
  19. Blonde Peanut Brittle
  20. Peanut Butter Blossoms

Last edited:

Latest posts