Bengal Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kansasgirl

Senior Cook
These are awesome. There seem to be lots of PB lovers here, so I thought I would pass it along.

Bengal Cookies
Cookie Batter:
1 c unsalted peanuts
6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
1 c creamy peanut butter
3/4 c sugar
1/4 lb unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 egg
2 ts vanilla extract
1 1/4 c flour
1/8 ts salt

PB Topping:
1 1/4 c creamy peanut butter
1/4 c confectioners sugar

Chocolate Drizzle:
8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces

Preheat the oven to 325F
1.Toast the peanuts on a baking sheet in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool the nuts to room temperature, then finely chop them in a food processor to make crumbs.
2.Heat 6 ounces of semisweet chocolate in the top half of the double broiler and use a rubber spatula to stir the chocolate until completely melted and smooth. Transfer the melted chocolate to a 1-quart bowl and set aside.
3.Place 1 c peanut butter, granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl. Beat on medium for 2 minutes until soft. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4.Add the egg and the vanilla extract and mix for 3 minutes until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the chocolate and the chopped peanuts and mix on medium until incorporated, about 1 minute.
5.On low, gradually add the flour and the salt. After all of the ingredients have been incorporated, use a spatula to finish mixing the ingredients until smooth. Transfer the dough to a cutting board.
6.Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. With both palms, roll each portion on a clean, dry cutting board to form each portion into a cylinder that is 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Individually wrap each portion in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours, or until the dough is very firm to the touch.
7.Slice each dough cylinder into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Divide the slices onto baking sheets. Bake for 16-18 on the center rack. Halfway through the baking time, turn each slice. Remove the cookies from the oven and cool to room temperature on the baking sheet, about 30 minutes.

PB Topping
1.Place 1 1/4 cups peanut butter and the confectioners sugar in a medium bowl. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Use a rubber spatula to scrap down the sides of the bowl, then beat on high for 1 minute. Finish mixing the ingredients until smooth. Set the topping aside while making the chocolate drizzle.

Chocolate Drizzle:
1.Heat 6 ounces of semisweet chocolate in the top half of the double broiler and use a rubber spatula to stir the chocolate until completely melted and smooth. Transfer the melted chocolate to a 1-quart bowl and set aside.

Assembly:
1.Place a heaping teaspoon of creamy topping in the center of each cookie. Use a small spatula or butter knife to spread the topping evenly over the top of each cookie.
2.Arrange the cookies close together on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper. Use a teaspoon to drizzle thin lines of melted chocolate onto the top of each cookie. Keep the cookies at room temperature for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.

TY, kansasgirl. I have a big hoard of PB that my DW has been saving. I need to use it. I've been thinking PB Fudge, but may do these instead.

Back
Top Bottom