Cake Mix Cookies Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Does anybody remember the added ingredients and measurements for cake mix cookies? I have looked all through this forum and can't find it. I have a request from my youth group for the triple chocolate ones I made and for the life of me I can't remember!

I have looked there and can't seem to find the same recipe we had going on here.. I am only looking for the amount of eggs/oil I need, not a specific recipe. I remember we had several threads on it awhile back.

I guess I will just check allrecipes again.

Thanks, babe, I just found one with the measurements I remember. 2 eggs and 1/3 cup oil! I use a dark chocolate cake mix and add chocolate and white chocolate chunks to it.

DUNCAN HINES COOKIES
This recipe is at least twenty-five years old! Mix any cake mix besides Angel Food cake (for Angel Food, see below) with 2 eggs, 1/2 cup shortening, and 4 tablespoons water in bowl. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for about ten minutes.

I press a half pecan onto the surface of the cookie before baking. You can also mix in chocolate chips for a different sort of taste.

You don’t need cookie sheets to bake cookies, you can just put foil on any baking pan and then reuse them. They cool faster that way, too.

ANGEL FOOD MACAROONS
1 box angel food cake mix (1 easy step)
1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
1/2 cup water
2 cups coconut

Put dry cake mix in mixer and add almond extract and water. Mix on low speed for 1 minute. Turn to medium speed for 2 minutes. Add coconut. Drop by tsp. onto parchment paper. Bake 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on rack and remove cookies.

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1 cup peanut butter, any kind
1 egg
1/3 cup water
1 box yellow cake mix

Mix ingredients together. Flatten each one inch balls with floured fork and bake at 375 for about 8 to 10 minutes.

Thanks MW.
Those sound really good. I will have to try them!

We had a thread here a year or so ago about these cookies and everyone was making them in different flavours. I had forgotten the egg and oil amounts (the only additions we were using besides the goodies like chocolate, cherries, etc.).

These are my Triple Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies - 7 dozen of them! Half were devoured last night at a friend's function and the other half won't last long at our youth group's weekly meeting!

Oh, the one picture shows our new tile backsplash! It isn't grouted and finished yet so it looks a little rough, but I love it!

Attachments

• TripleChocolateCookies1.jpg
    TripleChocolateCookies1.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 229
  • TripleChocolateCookies2.jpg
    TripleChocolateCookies2.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 263
Back
Top Bottom