CCC w/Bacon suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshatdot

Senior Cook
what do you recommend for making CCC's with bacon toping? I was going to use the standard Tollhouse recipe, but with butter Crisco for more puffy, and then just jam some fried bacon bits on top & then bake.

I got my husband a chocolate bacon candy bar for Christmas. He thought it was pretty darn good. I thought it was "okay" Oh well, to each his own.

I have never heard of making Choc. Chip Cookies with bacon. I found it very interesting. I searched on the internet and found this recipe. I personally would not waste either the bacon or chocolate chips in this manner, but everyone likes different things. Good Luck!!

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
i wouldn't either, sounds actually gros to be. but like you said everyone is different.

Thanks SierraCook, that recipe is pretty much Toll House, but with less salt, and I am guessing the chopped nuts were replaced with bacon bits.

I made a batch tonight, letting the dough chill in the fridge, will bake after dinner.

They came out great, the 16oz of trimmed & cut bacon after cooking, came to a volume of just under 1 cup. I think if I make them again, I will want more bacon bits, these aren't all bacony tasting.

img8163baconccc.jpg

what do you recommend for making CCC's with bacon toping? I was going to use the standard Tollhouse recipe, but with butter Crisco for more puffy, and then just jam some fried bacon bits on top & then bake.

I'm not sure what the point of making this is. It sounds just awful. Bacon is delicious, and so are chocolate chip cookies, but together? My question is Why? :ermm:

I'm not sure what the point of making this is. It sounds just awful. Bacon is delicious, and so are chocolate chip cookies, but together? My question is Why? :ermm:

I agree totally with ChefJune. I made the olive oil chocolate chip cookies and was disappointed with them. To me chocolate chip cookies are fine just the way they are!

They came out great, the 16oz of trimmed & cut bacon after cooking, came to a volume of just under 1 cup. I think if I make them again, I will want more bacon bits, these aren't all bacony tasting.

I am glad that you enjoyed them. All though, they are not what most would like, I commend you for trying something out of the normal. I guess I am a traditionalist when it comes to CCC, nothing is as good as the original.

why? why not! be unique, try something different!

I think next time I'll fry the bacon whole, and then crush/chop them up for the dough. All the trimming before took alot of time, and they wern't all bacony tasting.

I am going to make these again as its my friends annual Memorial Day Weekend Baconfest! Recipe is pretty much Tollhouse's version, but substitute the nuts with bacon.

Last time I spent an awful lot of time trimming the bacon, and they didn't come out very bacony tasting. I won't this time and cook a while 16oz of it. Plus I like my CCC cookies thick/puffy, so I am going to add 1 tbsp of white vinegar to leaven them up more, and chill the dough in the fridge for at least an hour before baking .. maybe 2.

I am going to make these again as its my friends annual Memorial Day Weekend Baconfest! Recipe is pretty much Tollhouse's version, but substitute the nuts with bacon.

Last time I spent an awful lot of time trimming the bacon, and they didn't come out very bacony tasting. I won't this time and cook a while 16oz of it. Plus I like my CCC cookies thick/puffy, so I am going to add 1 tbsp of white vinegar to leaven them up more, and chill the dough in the fridge for at least an hour before baking .. maybe 2.

I think these sound wonderfully different, something I would try. I've made chocolate covered bacon before and friends love it. Something about the combination of sweet and salty that just pops in your mouth... :)

No pics, but most of my past CCCs have been made with shortening or 1/2 & 1/2. This time I went all butter. The dough came out looking abit more darker brown in color than last time IIRC. It also seemed much denser & heavier. When baked, again they seemed just alil bit darker. They also weren't as puffy, (properly chilled for 2 hours), but tasted moister.

edit: Oh yeah, I bent up 1 of my wisk type beaters when adding the CCCs & bacon at the end of mixing. Luckily I had the dough beaters .. I guess I should have used those :chef:

I might make another batch for an Xmas party.

But instead of frying the bacon, I am going to bake it in the oven .. less grease!

I'll post pics when I make em :chef:

Some friends of mine served these at a party. Some folks liked them. I figured I should give them a try. They were worse than anticipated. Waste of chocolate and a waste of bacon.

This is nothing I'd ever covet. However I think the recipe goes to the basics of how humans evolved. Our species evolved in a nutrient scarce environment and those who survived were the ones who craved fat and sweets, and we learned to cook meat along the way. To me the CCC w/bacon involves all the tastes and cravings we humans evolved while the extinct humans who didn't crave these died, from starvation, because they weren't sufficiently motivated.

That's the point of trying them. They're tasty, fatty, salty and sweet. What's not to like about that? Except of course that in our modern day of plenty those who keep craving that stuff and don't exercise (like most of our predecessors did, just to survive) die of clogged arteries, diabetes and excessive fatness.

I'd try one of those cookies just to satisfy my curiosity but I'd never want to cook them, not unless I had a bunch of people to eat them all up before I tasted more than one or two of them.

I might make another batch for an Xmas party.

But instead of frying the bacon, I am going to bake it in the oven .. less grease!

I'll post pics when I make em :chef:

Same amount of grease. If you don't see as much grease when you bake the bacon in the oven, it's because it's on the walls, ceiling, floor, and door of your oven. :ohmy:

josh, send me some to try, nevermnd the naysayers. i applaud your persistence.

i'm a bit dismayed at any foodies who would make up their minds before trying something. even then, it's merely a matter of personal taste. humble pie with bacon might be good.

or it might be gross. but that's the point.

btw, was i the only one who wondered why the civillian conservation corps needed bacon? :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom