Cookie Press Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thumpershere2

Head Chef
I have found an older cookie press and it has no recipes with it and was wondering if anyone here has a really good recipe for a cookie press. Thanks

The first recipe is very good and perfect for the holidays. The second is a great recipe because it is so versatile. You can use lime or orange zest/juice instead of the lemon, or you leave out both the zest and juice and substitute 1 ts of your favorite extract. Almond, butterscotch, peppermint - these all make great cookies!

Gingerbread Spritz
1 c butter, soft
1/2 c molasses
1/4 c packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 ts vanilla extract
2 3/4 c AP flour
1/2 ts baking powder
1/2 ts ground nutmeg
1/2 ts cinnamon
1/4 ts salt
1/4 ts ginger

Preheat oven to 400F
1.In mixer bowl beat together butter, molasses and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat well.
2.In another bowl, thoroughly stir together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and ginger. Add to creamed mixture. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours.
3.Place 1/4 of dough in a cookie press. Press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until set, but not brown. Cool on a wire rack

Lemon Cream Spritz
1 c Sweet butter, soft
3 oz Cream cheese, soft
1 c sugar
1 egg
1 ts grated lemon zest (can use orange or lime)
1 tb fresh lemon juice (can use orange or lime)
2 1/2 c flour
1 ts baking powder
**Note: Can leave out citrus zest and juice. Substitute with 1 ts of extract - almond, butterscotch, peppermint, coconut, vanilla, etc

Preheat oven to 375F.
1.Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
2.Add egg, lemon zest, lemon juice, flour and baking powder to the creamed mixture; beat until creamy and smooth.
3.Fill cookie press with dough and press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned on edges. Cool on a wire rack.

1 cup butter
2 cups icing sugar
4 cups flour

I colour the individual batches and make several of these. We do trees, snowflakes and other cool shapes. I love my press. I will find the recipe for the chocolate ones too and post it.

Alix, how long and at what temp do you bake these cookies? I have a cookie press. Used for first time and cookies weren't as soft and buttery as I'd like. Want to try your recipe. Thx!

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, I bake at 350 and for a short time, just til the edges get a bit golden. Um...8-10 minutes maybe? Depends on your oven. Watch the first batch and time it from there. They are on our "to do" list for Christmas.

Cool, thanks!! I have so many cookies I want to make, I don't know if I have enough time!! :pig: :LOL:

Here is a link that looked it had some good cookie press recipes.

Cookie Press Cookies

and my favorite

Butter Spritz Cookies

1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups flour, sifted
Colored sprinkles for garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. With a mixer cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and almond extracts and mix to incorporate. Sift together the baking powder and flour. Add to the sugar mixture. Mix until combined. Using a cookie press, press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets. Top with sprinkles of your choice. Food coloring can also be added to cookie dough, but be careful to not over mix. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes until firm, but not browned. Makes 4 dozen cookies.

Last edited:
Cinnamon Apple Butter Spritz Cookies

Ingredients:

1/2 cup apple butter
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon(I use apple pie spice)
2 1/2 cups all~purpose flour

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In mixer bowl cream apple butter, butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk, vanilla, cinnnamon and mix. Mix in flour just until blended. Press onto prepped pans. Bake 10 ~ 12 minutes or until light golden brown.

Makes: 3~4 dozen cookies.

Brianschef said:
Cinnamon Apple Butter Spritz Cookies

Ingredients:

1/2 cup apple butter
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon(I use apple pie spice)
2 1/2 cups all~purpose flour

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In mixer bowl cream apple butter, butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk, vanilla, cinnnamon and mix. Mix in flour just until blended. Press onto prepped pans. Bake 10 ~ 12 minutes or until light golden brown.

Makes: 3~4 dozen cookies.

oooo, I love applebutter! Thanks for sharing!!

Back
Top Bottom