Cookies at Borders.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
I was at Borders yesterday and they were giving out samples of cookies. Beings I cannot have chocolate I picked the Oatmeal Raisin Spice. Well, I fell in love. I went back today and bought one, it cost $1.59, I know that sounds like alot for 1 cookie but it was hugh. Does anyone have a recipe for a cookie like it. It is soft and thick in the middle but yet crispy on the outer rim. And the raisins were so soft and chewy. Were do you get raisins that are extra large? I have soaked raisins but they never turned out that big.

I love oatmeal raisin cookies! These sound good. Wish we had a Borders around here.

You can buy extra-large raisins. Look for varietal raisins (where they state the kind of grape the raisins were made from) and watch for "extra-large" or similar wording on the package. (Meaning that the raisins are extra-large, not the package!) These will usually be premium-priced, and not the usual red-packaged (Sun-Maid?) brand. Around here, the stores usually feature them at the times of Thanksgiving and Christmas baking.

Another thing--be sure you get them with the seeds removed!

JoAnn,

Hope this is what you are looking for:

RAISIN OATMEAL COOKIES
300gm flour, sifted with 1/2 tsp baking soda
280gm butter, softened
180gm sugar
120gm dark raisins
120gm oat flakes
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix butter and sugar lightly. Add raisins, oat flakes, vanilla and combine well. Stir in the flour.

Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour. Once firm, roll on parchment or grease paper and cut into 5 cm thick. Bake at 160 degrees C for about 15 to 20 minutes until light and golden.

I have a recipe where you poach the raisins, and then also use the raisin water in the recipe. These raisins get really fat, and the cookies stay soft. :)

boufa06 said:
JoAnn,

Hope this is what you are looking for:

RAISIN OATMEAL COOKIES
300gm flour, sifted with 1/2 tsp baking soda
280gm butter, softened
180gm sugar
120gm dark raisins
120gm oat flakes
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix butter and sugar lightly. Add raisins, oat flakes, vanilla and combine well. Stir in the flour.

Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour. Once firm, roll on parchment or grease paper and cut into 5 cm thick. Bake at 160 degrees C for about 15 to 20 minutes until light and golden.

Thank you for sharing your recipe, it sounds like all the right ingredients.:)

ChefJune

ChefJune said:
I have a recipe where you poach the raisins, and then also use the raisin water in the recipe. These raisins get really fat, and the cookies stay soft. :)

I would love to see your recipe for your raisin cookies. I forgot to say that there was also large pieces of walnuts in the cookie.:rolleyes:

JoAnn L. said:
I would love to see your recipe for your raisin cookies. I forgot to say that there was also large pieces of walnuts in the cookie.:rolleyes:

No problem adding walnut pieces to the recipe. In fact it tastes much better.

Back
Top Bottom