CWS' Grandma's Sour Cream Chocolate Cookies
This was my Mom's second favorite cookie--her first fav was Grandma's orange cookies.
1/2 c shortening (I use 1/2 butter, 1/2 Crisco)
2 c brown sugar, packed
1/2 c cocoa, sifted
1/2 c sour cream
1 tsp soda
2 eggs, beaten
1-2 tsp vanilla (Grandma never measured that)
3-1/2 c AP flour
1. Cream shortening and sugar together.
2. Add cocoa, eggs, and vanilla. Beat for two minutes.
3. Add sour cream. Beat for 30 seconds (really. Grandma??? I beat until blended)
4. Sift flour and soda together.
5. Add flour to wet ingredients.
6. Chill for 2 hours.
Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
Frost with Grandma's chocolate frosting when cool.
Grandma's frosting was butter, cocoa, powdered sugar, cream.
These are cake-like. I store them in the fridge.