Eggnog Snickerdoodles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kansasgirl

Senior Cook
A great holiday recipe!

Eggnog Snickerdoodles
2 1/2 c AP Flour
1 ts Baking powder
1/2 ts Cinnamon, ground
1/2 ts Nutmeg, fresh ground
1 1/4 c Sugar
3/4 c Butter, softened
1/2 c Eggnog
2 ts Brandy extract (can also use vanilla extract)
2 Egg yolks
Cinnamon Sugar (1/4 c sugar blended with 1 tb cinnamon)

Preheat oven to 300F
1.In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well and set aside.
2.In a large bowl cream sugar and butter until creamy. Add eggnog, brandy extract (or vanilla) and egg yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth.
3.Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.
4.Roll rounded spoonfuls of mixture into balls and then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Pleace rolled and sugared balls onto ungreased baking sheets, 1 inch apart. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until just golden around the edges. DO NOT OVERBAKE! Cool on a wire rack.

Oh, Oh, Oh! TY!!

I was looking at the eggnog just being put out at the store the other day, and remembered seeing recipes for it; this is great!!!

Hey...I only have light egg nog...is that OK? Also, I only have real brandy...if I dropped a sniff of it in would that work? And one more question...the last time snickerdoodles were made in our house...we had hockey pucks (not me!!)...any idea what went wrong?

I don't see how light eggnog would make that big of a difference; it should work just fine. Brandy should also be fine, maybe a tb instead of the 2 ts extract; for those who do not like alcohol, it can always just be left out.

I have found that a big problem with snickerdoodles is over baking them. I think that they should just be barely cooked on the top and still very 'poofy'. If you wait until they are golden on the edges, they will continue to cook inside and then be too hard. You could always post the recipe you used and get some feedback about it.

That recipe sounds awesome! I just bought some eggnog ice cream and regular eggnog last night. I know what I am making today! Thanks.

Just took out the last batch of cookies. And they are wonderful! Soft and chewy with crispy edges.

Perfect recipe! Thanks!!!!

I am so glad that you liked them. They are wonderful - especially with a nice coffee on a cold day!

I think you just added to my Christmas cookie list!
They sound great.
I have to relook over the recipe.
Last time I made Snickerdooles, they called for *cream of tartar* and they weren't very good, that flavor really stood out for some reason.
* oh yeah! no COT

pst1can, remember if you eat them standing there are no calories. Or if you share with someone...no calories.

Constance said:
If you sneak into the kitchen in the middle of the night, and no one catches you, there are no calories...
OM goodness Costance why didn't you tell us this sooner :LOL: Now I have no excuse not to whip up a batch of snickerdoodles! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom