Horrible, horrible cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I made my favorite cookies tonight...TNT FABULOUS cookies with chopped up Hershey's Symphony bars......

They sure looked funny though...really flat and not the right color. Took a lot longer to bake as well.

Tasted a little off as well.

I grabbed the old fashioned oats, and not the quick oats. Hmmm...I think I need to toss them...I think they are a little stale.

Then I read the thread about the baking powder/soda and how that can get old. Never heard of that. My cookies went flat for the first time...wonder how old my soda and powder are?

Crap. These aren't cheap cookies to make, either. Oh well...the chocolate in them still tastes yummy!:wacko:

I know and the worst part is I still have about 1/4 of the dough in the fridge.

Maybe I can slavage the chocolate and remake the dough! LOL!

That's what I am thinking, plus, they have been around for a long time and really need to be tossed. I think I might put it out for the birds and squirrels to eat!! The oats, not the cookies. We'll still eat them!

:) Check your expiration dates on soda and powder.You can test them by putting some in a glass and adding some hot water if they dont fizz up they are too old.

Thanks for the test info, jp!

Bknox, I made a whole batch of sugar cookies with **gasp** old Crisco....yeah, that was a waste!!!

Either way around it, I'm still munching on these dang cookies!

Back
Top Bottom