ISO advice on shipping goodies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When our sons were in the military, traveling all over the world, I regularly sent them cookies, etc.

I usually placed each cookie, brownie, whatever in a sandwich bag, then layered the individually bagged treats in a box, with a layer of bubble wrap between the layers.

After the box was full, I put a final layer of bubble wrap on top and closed the box. I then put that box into another box that had plain popped corn, styrofoam peanuts or more bubble wrap all around. Sealed and mailed. They never received a broken cookie or other treat.

When my Hubby was in the service, many moons ago, his Mom used to also sent cookies in popcorn - then the guys would eat the popcorn !

I don't know Bob, I'm hit and miss in the kitchen.

Here is what I'm wanting to do. I want to send my secret santa recipent pretzels covered with rollos and a pecan on top. I wonder if the rollos will melt. Then I worry the pretzels will break. I love the idea of popcorn cuz it will go so well with the pretzels. Oh. I bought a tin for this big idea. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.:)

::edit:: Should I use wax paper on the bottom of the tin?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom