ISO Chocolate Cookie Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Asami

Assistant Cook
I love chocolate cookies.

Now I want to know the recipe of chocolate cookies.
It would better early and easy.

Please reply me;)

Chocolate cookies:

cream together:
1 1/4 cup shortening
2 cups sugar

add:
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup milk
mix well

add:
1 3/4 cups flour
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

drop onto cookie sheet
bake at 350' for about 10-12 minutes
do not overbake
cookies will be soft
let sit for a few minutes
before removing them from cookie sheet

Having kids that are chocoholics, this recipe is great and easy. I sprinkle powdered sugar on mine when they are completely cooled. I also use an ice cream scoop to drop on cookie sheet. That way they are all uniform in size. I have a size #20 scoop and a one tablespoon (35 mm). The smaller one makes more cookies as they spread when baking.

If you place the cookies in the oven when the dough is chilled first, they will not spread as much and will be higher in the middle. More cake-like. At room temperature, they spread more and are flatter and more crispy. :chef:

[FONT=&quot]Death by Chocolate Cookie[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2 pkg. (16squares) BAKER'S semi-sweet baking chocolate, divided[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1/4 cup butter[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2 eggs[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1 tsp vanilla [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1/2 cup flour[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1/4 tsp [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Calumet[/FONT][FONT=&quot] baking powder[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1 cup of chopped Walnuts[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Heat[/FONT][FONT=&quot] oven 350. coarsely chop 8 squares (1 pkg.) chocolate: set aside. [FONT=&quot]Microwave[/FONT] remaining 8 squares in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir in sugar, butter,eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and baking powder. Stir in reserved chopped chocolate and nuts. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. [FONT=&quot]Bake[/FONT] 12-13 minutes or until cookies are puffed and feel set to the touch. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 1 1/2 dozen.[/FONT]

Note: the last time I made these was about 7 years ago....when my friend and I made them
we commented that the batter consistency looked more like a "Cake" batter, rather than a
cookie batter. We went ahead and put them on the cookie sheet to bake, unsure how they
would turn out. Much to our delight they cooked up great and tasted even better.

Back
Top Bottom